GIF Loops running ragged while scrolling

Bart

I am running XP Home SP2 with Java recently installed. 1 gig AMD, 512 MG
ram, 40 gig HHD, broadband connection 1.46Mbps. Task manager shows I'm
running virtually empty of background programs after MSCONFIG cleaning. I
look at a lot of radar
loops and I find that during the loop when I scroll up or down I get a
flashing screen as if the redrawing is very slow. There is no smooth
transition. I believe I have the latest Java and XP install is only a month
old. I have scanned with Ad-Aware, SpySweeper, and Panda A/V all in safe
mode. In my ME days, this was not a problem and I know XP can handle this
if properly configured. What should I look for?

Are you using the "canned" video driver or did you download a current
version from the manufacterers web site?

Bart wrote:

> I am running XP Home SP2 with Java recently installed. 1 gig AMD, 512 MG
> ram, 40 gig HHD, broadband connection 1.46Mbps. Task manager shows I'm
> running virtually empty of background programs after MSCONFIG cleaning. I
> look at a lot of radar
> loops and I find that during the loop when I scroll up or down I get a
> flashing screen as if the redrawing is very slow. There is no smooth
> transition. I believe I have the latest Java and XP install is only a month
> old. I have scanned with Ad-Aware, SpySweeper, and Panda A/V all in safe
> mode. In my ME days, this was not a problem and I know XP can handle this
> if properly configured. What should I look for?

Bart

Thanks for the response. On my way now for the latest driver.
Bart