Second alias for a computer

Hello all
I need to specify additional name like PC1Web for the second IP address in
my computer.
People need to test my webpage in an Intranet environement.

How can I do it?
(Windows XP Pro SP2)

THanks
HenpAth

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

One way would be to make a host file entry on the testers computers.
--

"henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
> I need to specify additional name like PC1Web for the second IP address in
> my computer.
> People need to test my webpage in an Intranet environement.
>
> How can I do it?
> (Windows XP Pro SP2)
>
> THanks
> HenpAth

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> One way would be to make a host file entry on the testers
> computers.
> --
>
> "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all
> > I need to specify additional name like PC1Web for the second
> IP address in
> > my computer.
> > People need to test my webpage in an Intranet environement.
> >
> > How can I do it?
> > (Windows XP Pro SP2)
> >
> > THanks
> > HenpAth

Another way would be to use an exsisting internal DNS server, if you
are on a domain you should ask your domain administrator about seting
up a internal domain that "points" at your computer. If you do not
have a internal DNS server, then the hosts file method is best for
you.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-alias-computer-ftopict401334.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1327471