Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why do I find a new username everytime I restart my laptop?

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
October 2, 2012 11:14:24 AM

Hi,

Everytime I restart my laptop I find a new username and I delete it and restart the laptop and get the same account again, and if I create an account with that name before I restart, I find a new one with a new name!

and if I dont delete it, I dont get a new account!! :( 

please help me.. :cry: 

More about : find username everytime restart laptop

October 2, 2012 11:27:12 AM

can you be more specific?

1. are you presented with a login name that isn't your usual one at the login prompt?
2. are you finding extra user accounts in the user accounts control panel that you didn't create?
3. what OS are you using?
4. have you scanned for spyware/malware/viruses? (might want to boot into safe-mode first)

Can you post some screen shots?

cheers!
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 212 $ Windows 7
October 2, 2012 11:36:26 AM

can you give us a example of the name. you keep saying this name and that name, it kind of hard to keep check of which is which.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 12:28:26 PM

Failing all this, the only other possibility... It's the Borrowers!
m
0
l
October 5, 2012 4:56:31 AM

Diddly said:
can you be more specific?

1. are you presented with a login name that isn't your usual one at the login prompt?
2. are you finding extra user accounts in the user accounts control panel that you didn't create?
3. what OS are you using?
4. have you scanned for spyware/malware/viruses? (might want to boot into safe-mode first)

Can you post some screen shots?

cheers!


1. yes
2. yes, extra user accounts in the control panel & login screen
3. Windows 7
4. I did but not in safe-mode

m
0
l
October 5, 2012 5:03:53 AM

rgd1101 said:
can you give us a example of the name. you keep saying this name and that name, it kind of hard to keep check of which is which.


At the beginning the windows started by making an account named "Just Cause" witch is the account I had before I format my laptop, if I login in it I get "preparing desktop..." and if I restart the laptop again, I get "preparing desktop" again.
but if I delete "Just Cause" and then restart my laptop I get it again. So, I deleted it and then created it by myself and restarted my laptop then I found another account (not Just Cause and the one im using and extra one!) currently the 3rd account's name is: qgacmookka if I delete it and restart, I found another account with another random name!
m
0
l
October 5, 2012 5:06:01 AM

Barritio said:
Failing all this, the only other possibility... It's the Borrowers!


No one borrows my laptop, it happens in seconds!
just delete the account and restart the laptop and find another one! D:
m
0
l
!