  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 27, 2005 11:48:12 AM

before installing sp 2 when i booted my computer it came up with out having
to log on, but after service pack 2 i now have to logon to the computer how
can i change it back to the way it was before?

thanks!

More about : install windows home

July 27, 2005 12:30:40 PM

Sue wrote:
> before installing sp 2 when i booted my computer it came up with out having
> to log on, but after service pack 2 i now have to logon to the computer how
> can i change it back to the way it was before?
>
> thanks!

1. Go to Start | Run and type in: control userpasswords2 | Ok.

2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password
To Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user
name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you
start your computer.

You can accomplish the same thing by:

Download and install tweakui for xp and use its auto logon feature.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

Lastly you can add the Dialog box that comes up when running control
userpasswords 2 to the Control Panel with the following tweak:

Add Control User Passwords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:26:48 PM

Try the following:

Go to Start, Run, and type - control userpasswords2
Hit enter and uncheck -
Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
Then hit Apply and OK
REBOOT

"Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> before installing sp 2 when i booted my computer it came up with out
> having
> to log on, but after service pack 2 i now have to logon to the computer
> how
> can i change it back to the way it was before?
>
> thanks!
July 27, 2005 1:26:49 PM

thanks i will try that!

!