I'm having trouble with either my charger or battery on windows xp. I need to
hold my computer in a certain position when my ac adaptor is plugged into my
comptuer so it will keep charging while i'm using it. If it lies flat on a
surface, it will not charge. But if it is in an upright position, it will
charge. I think there is something wrong with the pins in the back of my
computer that my charger connects too. Please help me!
--
Brian

Malke

Brian Carrig wrote:

> I'm having trouble with either my charger or battery on windows xp. I
> need to hold my computer in a certain position when my ac adaptor is
> plugged into my comptuer so it will keep charging while i'm using it.
> If it lies flat on a surface, it will not charge. But if it is in an
> upright position, it will charge. I think there is something wrong
> with the pins in the back of my computer that my charger connects too.
> Please help me!

This is a hardware issue that has nothing to do with Windows. Contact
your laptop mftr.'s tech support for physical repair options.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

You've probably dislodged the connector points inside
the case. Tilting the unit allows the pins to make contact.
Hopefully, it's still under factory warranty - as this is the
kind of problem that you'll need a Vendor certified shop
to fix for you. Disassembling a laptop case is a delicate
operation. Also newer technology motherboards aren't
something you can approach with a Radio Shack soldering
iron.

Is the power plug fitting snugly into the socket or does it
have some play/movement ?

"Brian Carrig" <BrianCarrig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble with either my charger or battery on windows xp. I need
> hold my computer in a certain position when my ac adaptor is plugged into
> my
> comptuer so it will keep charging while i'm using it. If it lies flat on a
> surface, it will not charge. But if it is in an upright position, it will
> charge. I think there is something wrong with the pins in the back of my
> computer that my charger connects too. Please help me!
> --
> Brian

McCarty,
Thanks for the info. My charer does seem to move a bit while plugged in.
--
Brian