Random sluggish performance after install of mem

Painless

Distinguished
May 18, 2004
I recently bought more memory to my pc, an Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512, now a total of 1GB. Sometimes when I start Windows it loads soo slowly and it often takes 15min to get booted and programs still work slowly. My other 512 memory module is the same as the new one except the look; it´s one sided and smaller than exactly the same model I purchased 2 months earlier. My board is Soltek SL75DRV5 with latest bios and XP2400+ TH processor and Sapphire R9000 atlantis pro 128mb. I´ve tried on win2000 and winxp, with same outcome. :/

Have you tried reseating the RAM? Have you run Memtest86 on both sticks of RAM and on the sticks individually?

Painless

Distinguished
May 18, 2004
I tried reseating, but the computer didn´t want to boot when I changed places (but it might be the module wasn´t placed properly). I´ll try again when I get home. Link to that program?

<A HREF="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4226.html" target="_new">Memtest86+</A>