Your question

JJ

Last response: in Computer Brands
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b D Laptop
July 16, 2010 7:08:19 PM

Hi Everyone.
I was wondering if this class action suit covers newer model HP laptops?
Heres my story

I am a computer tech *still In school* and i am also studying aviation to become a pilot.
I bought a Compaq presario laptop as i needed a nice laptop for my studies. I went with HP because of their "Good reputation"

Well 4 Months into the ownership of the Presario, the motherboard dies. Send it in to HP's service center and it takes them almost 2 months JUST to replace the motherboard. Month after that the same thing Occured. this cycle occured until eventually the laptop racked up 6 repairs....

On its last month in warranty the Presario Overheated and burned the laps of my girlfriend & I. I talk to an Hp Case manager and after 5 hrs on the phone and a threat by me to file a lawsuit againsed HP & the case manager, They agree to replace the Laptop

O but it gets even better :) 

The replacement laptop was a HP Pavillion DV4t-1400 CTO. It workd great for the first six months until it started having problems with the hard drive AND motherboard. Keep in mind that i still have this DV4.

Same cycle as the presario but shrunken to a 5 month time period.

I talk to ANOTHER case manager that after weeks of trying to get ahold of agrees to replace the computer.
She offered me a red DV5 BUT it came at a price and thats where i am mad.
I paid over $2000 for the origional Compaq's Config, they gave me an identical config on the DV4 BUT now With the DV5, They cut A LOT of the features and value i had. The new dv5 is only worth $600 with the BASE config... This is just getting out of hand

More about : jj

a b α HP
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2010 11:22:59 PM

You have a "Prima Facie" case for small claims court! Keep in mind, that in court the burden of proof is on you, the Plaintiff. Preponderance of evidence, NOT beyond all reasonable doubt. Prepare well.
m
l
!