[Paint] Brush on Primer / Ink

I prefer to use Brush on primer instead of spray because of the greater
control, and becuase it can be done inside. Anyway I was thinking earlier
about some figures I need to get primed, and was wondering what people think
of putting a little ink in the primer to give it come colour. I'm thinking
either Blue or Black as the figures will primarily be blue-grey, and dark
blue if I go with the colour scheme I'm planning on useing.

I've been having good luck with doing a black ink wash over the primed
figures, but as I'm getting ready to paint a large number of Imperial Guard
for my new army, I'm looking to simplify the paintjob for the basic troops.

Zane

<healyzh@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> I prefer to use Brush on primer instead of spray because of the greater
> control, and becuase it can be done inside. Anyway I was thinking earlier
> about some figures I need to get primed, and was wondering what people
think
> of putting a little ink in the primer to give it come colour. I'm
thinking
> either Blue or Black as the figures will primarily be blue-grey, and dark
> blue if I go with the colour scheme I'm planning on useing.
>
> I've been having good luck with doing a black ink wash over the primed
> figures, but as I'm getting ready to paint a large number of Imperial
Guard
> for my new army, I'm looking to simplify the paintjob for the basic
troops.

> Zane

What are you using as the brush-on primer? I'm curious because I don't
really have a place to spray-prime right now.

Melketh <abcdef@ghijk.com> wrote:
> What are you using as the brush-on primer? I'm curious because I don't
> really have a place to spray-prime right now.

I'm using the white primer from the Vallejo Game Colours range. I tried
putting ink in it last night when I primed 5 figures. It seemed to work
just fine, though I had to add more black than I had initially, and I really
should have added a little blue as well. What I found interesting is that
the primer with the ink added seemed to go on a lot better than primer
diluted with water.

On the down side, I'm not so sure I like the colour scheme I'm trying for my
Imperial Guard. I think I'll have to come up with a new idea.

Zane