[Paint] Brush on Primer / Ink

I prefer to use Brush on primer instead of spray because of the greater
control, and becuase it can be done inside. Anyway I was thinking earlier
about some figures I need to get primed, and was wondering what people think
of putting a little ink in the primer to give it come colour. I'm thinking
either Blue or Black as the figures will primarily be blue-grey, and dark
blue if I go with the colour scheme I'm planning on useing.

I've been having good luck with doing a black ink wash over the primed
figures, but as I'm getting ready to paint a large number of Imperial Guard
for my new army, I'm looking to simplify the paintjob for the basic troops.

Zane
2 answers Last reply
More about paint brush primer

    <healyzh@aracnet.com> wrote in message
    > I prefer to use Brush on primer instead of spray because of the greater
    > control, and becuase it can be done inside. Anyway I was thinking earlier
    > about some figures I need to get primed, and was wondering what people
    think
    > of putting a little ink in the primer to give it come colour. I'm
    thinking
    > either Blue or Black as the figures will primarily be blue-grey, and dark
    > blue if I go with the colour scheme I'm planning on useing.
    >
    > I've been having good luck with doing a black ink wash over the primed
    > figures, but as I'm getting ready to paint a large number of Imperial
    Guard
    > for my new army, I'm looking to simplify the paintjob for the basic
    troops.

    > Zane

    What are you using as the brush-on primer? I'm curious because I don't
    really have a place to spray-prime right now.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Melketh <abcdef@ghijk.com> wrote:
    > What are you using as the brush-on primer? I'm curious because I don't
    > really have a place to spray-prime right now.

    I'm using the white primer from the Vallejo Game Colours range. I tried
    putting ink in it last night when I primed 5 figures. It seemed to work
    just fine, though I had to add more black than I had initially, and I really
    should have added a little blue as well. What I found interesting is that
    the primer with the ink added seemed to go on a lot better than primer
    diluted with water.

    On the down side, I'm not so sure I like the colour scheme I'm trying for my
    Imperial Guard. I think I'll have to come up with a new idea.

    Zane

Games Video Games