ems4you2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2005
Hi Everyone,
First of all I'm a complete novice in all computer hardware matters so I'd appreciate your help.
I'd like to add 512mb of ram to my system (currently have 512mb). But I'm not sure what type of ram I have right now, or what type I should get for compatibility.
Is there anyway to find out?
Thanks in advance for replies.

~F

Bob369

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2005
i would figure out what types of RAM your botherboard will support.

there are several programs that will tell you what kind your currently running... just find one and install. I havent used a bunch of them but I know Sandra 2005 will tell you.

RichPLS

Champion
I would suspect you might have modular plug in type ram, from the highly detailed descriptions in your posting...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
And said ram is likely on a small daughterboard, opposed to DIP chips...

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

G

cpu-z....

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
If you can find your motherboards manual, or at least know the model of it we can tell you what it supports, and if you download cpuz it will tell you what do you currently have.

<b><font color=blue>If you try to please everybody, nobody will like you<font color=blue></b>

<A HREF="http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php" target="_new">CPU-Z</A>

TRENDING THREADS