Odd windows genuine validation message

July 27, 2005 3:17:29 PM

Corrected posed

Odd windows genuine validation message

[The scan of your computer has completed. The Windows product key
associated with your copy of Windows maps to one of the major PC
manufacturers who purchase Windows product keys from Microsoft. The
specific product key found on your computer maps to a major PC
manufacturer that sells different hardware than the hardware found on
your machine. This will not prevent you from validating now, but may
cause you problems in the future. Please click Continue to complete
the validation process.]

I have change the hardware on the machine for your info.

Should I change my key to the one listed on the back of my machine?

Greg Ro
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:32:04 PM

Greg Ro wrote:
> Corrected posed
>
> Odd windows genuine validation message
>
> [The scan of your computer has completed. The Windows product key
> associated with your copy of Windows maps to one of the major PC
> manufacturers who purchase Windows product keys from Microsoft. The
> specific product key found on your computer maps to a major PC
> manufacturer that sells different hardware than the hardware found on
> your machine. This will not prevent you from validating now, but may
> cause you problems in the future. Please click Continue to complete
> the validation process.]
>

> I have change the hardware on the machine for your info.
>
> Should I change my key to the one listed on the back of my machine?
>
> Greg Ro

As long as you have already validated, I say no, leave well enough
alone.

"This will not prevent you from validating now, but may cause you
problems in the future."

This is classic FUD. I may turn into a Tyrranosaurus Rex in the future!
Watch out!

--
Peace!
Kurt