Status
Not open for further replies.

cussdom1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
so one of the most common frauds in the sat business now is for a person to get more than one receiver which is approx anothe $5 a month, then take that receiver to his friends house and allow him to use it. So here is my resolution to that. When someone is done with their sat dish, go and take it down off of the houses. If the dish is gone than the theif has nothing to set his 2nd illegal receiver up to. What do you think? and why don't the conpanies do this. They claim it is expensive to take them down, well it seems more expensive to have them used illegally and without pay.

G

I have to agree with you, though your concern for the revenue of the satellite companies puzzles me.

My own reason for taking down redundant satellite dishes is the same as my reason for opposing them being put up in the first place -- they disfigure the neighbourhood.

cussdom1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
They are pretty ugly to look at and they are just multiplying tons now, they are everywhere and I know tons of them are not used. But I am so puzzled. the sattelite companies complain about people hacking and one of the easiest ways to end that is to take down the old dishes. In the case of someone I know, if the old dish was not up he could not hack. He is using someone;s extra box and has hooked it up to the dish and now cheap satelite. You would think the companies would get a clue and do something about it. But instead they just whine about it.

They deserve the theft if they are not willing to take care of it.

another question. does anyone know if they can still drive by and detect whether anyone is stealing service or not?

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Yes that is true, it is worthy to note that telecommunication sector is booming and it is very hard to check everyone who is legit and not. It is not just the dish but the cable wires also. Most telecom companies sub contract their services to other companies - like connection to internet, phones, etc. When you complain you don't directly reach the main "telecom" but the sub contractor, how they deal with that problem is up to them and the marketing dictates their decision too.

cussdom1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
It would seem pretty easy to control some of it right off when a person ends their service the company goes right out and takes the dish off of the house/apt. Just keep up with it from day one. They deserve to have the amount of theft that is done to them when they leave all the dish's up like they do. And what ever happen to being a 'green' company. Is it not a lot of waste of steel etc etc when they just keep making new dish's and they never recycle the old ones?

They are basically left in place because if the customer decides to restart their service, that's one part of the reconnection that doesn't have to be done, when people buy or lease the installation package the dish itself is an irrelevant cost factor.

If the dish is bothering you personally remove it and trash it, its basically yours anyway if one has been installed on your property, they will not pay to send an installer out to remove it, simply because it's a profit loss for them to do so, and because actually the dish is yours, when you discontinue leased service you turn in the receiver and remotes and that's all.

The smart card is then deactivated, now if your friend is using a hacked smart card to acquire illegal service, every now and then they spike illegal cards and they're useless until you acquire another hacked card or hack it yourself, that is basically their way of warning you, to kill the smart card, if you don't think they're aware of the service being stolen you're sadly mistaken!

They'll just wait for enough time to accrue to have a good solid case to take to court, you see it's the determination of the thief, to get around the law that is ultimately his downfall and demise, my brother in law thought he was one smart cookie with that exact same crap, until they came knocking at his door! ROFLMAO :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.