Trying to boot in save mode

July 27, 2005 4:25:28 PM

Hi All,

Using Windows XP service pack 2. Pressing F8 does not bring it in save mode.
I press F8 right when windows starts.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Doron

More about : boot save mode

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:35:26 PM

Doron Farber wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using Windows XP service pack 2. Pressing F8 does not bring it in save mode.
> I press F8 right when windows starts.
>
> Any other ideas?

Press and hold F8 from the moment your PC starts to boot up. Hold it
down until you see the startup menu where you can select Safe Mode.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

July 27, 2005 5:07:22 PM

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaqnojs.htm#12

Doron Farber wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Using Windows XP service pack 2. Pressing F8 does not bring it in save mode.
> I press F8 right when windows starts.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doron
July 27, 2005 5:25:44 PM

Hi Tom,

I tried that and it did not happen. Is there a way to set window so I can
see that menu without pressing F8 and then turn it off.

Thanks,

Doron
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:34:06 PM

Hi Lem,

That is another option that I was looking for.

Thanks,

Doron
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:34:54 PM

If the PC can boot into normal mode, then you can run MSConfig.Exe
Click on the Boot.Ini (TAB). In the lower section check the option for
/Safeboot - Then Apply, OK. Reverse the process when you are done
with safemode to return to normal mode.

"Doron Farber" <DF_XYZ@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o LPKxAtkFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi Tom,
>
> I tried that and it did not happen. Is there a way to set window so I can
> see that menu without pressing F8 and then turn it off.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doron

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:35:10 PM