I need less latency!!!!

JordanRoseberry

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Im trying to run a home studio. I have a dell with a pentium 4 ht 3.4 ghz processor. Its running on 32 bit right now. I have put 4 gigs of ram at 800 mhz ddr2 patriot but it only reads three. I want to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit so i can run 8 gigs of ram. Is that possible on my set up? Im very new to this. Please help haha. Also i was wanting to overclock my ram but there is no setting for that in my bios. What can i do? What are some good affordable motherboards that would allow me to over clock? Thank you and any help would be amazing.

Jordan

JordanRoseberry

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
well i could do a little at a time prob $300-400 a month for computer stuff. Maybe more. I dont want to spend a ton though. Oh ya another thing in my bios its only reading 533 mhz on my RAM..its supposed to be 800. ha this sucks

You're probably going to need a new motherboard, which means you'll also want to upgrade the CPU and RAM. I don't know what kind of case you have, but you may need to get a new case to fit the hardware.

If you want to upgrade something now, and you don't want to do all of the above right now, start with the hard drive, PSU, and maybe the case.

By 'box,' I assume you're talking about the case. You just need something that's big enough for the hardware you want to put in it. The main point of a case, is to have good cooling. There are some other features that are nice, but cooling is a must.

Most all new motherboards support DDR3. First, you need to decide if you want to go intel or AMD. The budget usually plays a role here.