Are you looking to buy Retail WinXP Pro at a cut rate price?

July 27, 2005 4:50:16 PM

Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
price!

Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library
and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years
ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and
receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!

OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
that people won't be doing things like this?

Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
with pirated Windows to begin with?

Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how
do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with
pirated copies?

--
Peace!
Kurt

XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"kurttrail" wrote:

> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
> then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
> price!
>
> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library
> and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years
> ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and
> receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>
> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
> point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
> that people won't be doing things like this?
>
> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
> with pirated Windows to begin with?
>
> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how
> do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with
> pirated copies?
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:50:17 PM

> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
> then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
> price!
>
> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a computer
> it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library and do a
> search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years ago. Fill out
> the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and receipt, and get MS to
> send you a retail copy for free!
>
> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
> point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
> that people won't be doing things like this?
>
> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people with
> pirated Windows to begin with?
>
> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how do
> you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with pirated
> copies?

I would bet that most copies of Windows are sold preinstalled by the OEM of
the computer. Most large businesses will not play the pirating game. An
upgrade version is really inexpensive. That leaves those people building
their own computers that will have to dish out a good chunk of change for a
full retail version. The number of people building their own computers has
to be a tiny percentage of users out there, and this number is probably
getting even smaller now that prices of new computers are dropping so low.
Of this small percentage of users there is a much smaller percentage of
people that are finding ways to get Windows really cheap or for nothing at
all (using tricks like those you just mentioned.) Many people who might
want to pirate Windows might not know how to go about doing it.

Because of the above I would imagine pirating is not a huge problem for
Microsoft in the United States (as compared to a country like China.)
Microsoft can afford the people that fall through the cracks and take
advantage of the system.

One of the easiest ways to get around the system (and I believe I saw this
on your website as well Kurt) is to install XP and after the records of your
activation gets wiped you are free to install and activate that copy on
another computer. Of course this is not as good as having your own copy.

--
http://www.americantechie.com
Anonymous

Byte wrote:
> XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
>
>> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent,
>> and then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy
>> of 1/2 price!
>>
>> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
>> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the
>> Library and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a
>> couple years ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with
>> the CD and receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>>
>> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to
>> make a point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what
>> makes MS think that people won't be doing things like this?
>>
>> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
>> with pirated Windows to begin with?
>>
>> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with,
>> how do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those
>> with pirated copies?

So what is your point?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:20:03 PM

Yeah, what's your point Walter? Donny, you're outta your element. Here's my
point, Dude. The other Lebowski, the other Jeffrey Lebowski. Sorry, couldn't
resist.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"Byte" wrote:

> XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "kurttrail" wrote:
>
> > Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
> > then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
> > price!
> >
> > Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
> > computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library
> > and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years
> > ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and
> > receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
> >
> > OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
> > point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
> > that people won't be doing things like this?
> >
> > Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
> > with pirated Windows to begin with?
> >
> > Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how
> > do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with
> > pirated copies?
> >
> > --
> > Peace!
> > Kurt
> > Self-anointed Moderator
> > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> > "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
> > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

July 27, 2005 5:22:38 PM

I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
> then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
> price!
>
> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a computer
> it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library and do a
> search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years ago. Fill out
> the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and receipt, and get MS to
> send you a retail copy for free!
>
> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
> point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
> that people won't be doing things like this?
>
> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people with
> pirated Windows to begin with?
>
> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how do
> you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with pirated
> copies?
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

July 27, 2005 5:24:23 PM

Kinda like what drugs sell for everywhere but the US.

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 32FDECF-40CF-42EE-A58C-338EB6A6E314@microsoft.com...
> XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "kurttrail" wrote:
>
>> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
>> then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
>> price!
>>
>> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
>> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library
>> and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years
>> ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and
>> receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>>
>> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
>> point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
>> that people won't be doing things like this?
>>
>> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
>> with pirated Windows to begin with?
>>
>> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how
>> do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with
>> pirated copies?
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

July 27, 2005 5:27:42 PM

I mean to say "legal, prescription" drugs ;-)
"Jim" <Hgg@juh.com> wrote in message
> Kinda like what drugs sell for everywhere but the US.
>
> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 32FDECF-40CF-42EE-A58C-338EB6A6E314@microsoft.com...
>> XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
>> --
>> XP-WNP
>> Today is the first day of the
>> rest of your life.
>>

>> "kurttrail" wrote:
>>
>>> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent, and
>>> then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy of 1/2
>>> price!
>>>
>>> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
>>> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the Library
>>> and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a couple years
>>> ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with the CD and
>>> receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>>>
>>> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to make a
>>> point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what makes MS think
>>> that people won't be doing things like this?
>>>
>>> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to people
>>> with pirated Windows to begin with?
>>>
>>> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with, how
>>> do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those with
>>> pirated copies?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peace!
>>> Kurt
>>> Self-anointed Moderator
>>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:33:45 PM

kurttrail wrote:

> Byte wrote:
>> XP in Mexico sells for $25 and in India for $20
>>
>>> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent,
>>> and then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy
>>> of 1/2 price!
>>>
>>> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
>>> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the
>>> Library and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a
>>> couple years ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with
>>> the CD and receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>>>
>>> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to
>>> make a point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what
>>> makes MS think that people won't be doing things like this?
>>>
>>> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to
>>> people with pirated Windows to begin with?
>>>
>>> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with,
>>> how do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those
>>> with pirated copies?
>>>

> So what is your point?

ght
--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:26:33 PM

Americantechie wrote:
> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:uqASHtskFHA.3148@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Download the "Corp" version of Win XP Pro, file-sharing or torrent,
>> and then run validation, fail, and get MS to sell you a retail copy
>> of 1/2 price!
>>
>> Do the same thing, download Corp XP Pro. Burn a copy to CD on a
>> computer it isn't install on, make up a receipt, and go to the
>> Library and do a search of newspapers for computer shows from a
>> couple years ago. Fill out the forms MS gives you and send in with
>> the CD and receipt, and get MS to send you a retail copy for free!
>>
>> OK, I'm not really advocating anybody doing this, just trying to
>> make a point. If someone is gonna pirate XP to begin with, what
>> makes MS think that people won't be doing things like this?
>>
>> Why isn't retail XP sold at the price that is being offered to
>> people with pirated Windows to begin with?
>>
>> Anyone here that bought retail XP at the full price to begin with,
>> how do you feel now that MS is only charging half the price to those
>> with pirated copies?
>
> I would bet that most copies of Windows are sold preinstalled by the
> OEM of the computer.

Many of those computers sold prior to XP.

> Most large businesses will not play the
> pirating game.

Probably not.

> An upgrade version is really inexpensive.

About the same price of what MS is offering those with pirated XP for a
FULL retail version.

> That
> leaves those people building their own computers that will have to
> dish out a good chunk of change for a full retail version.

Most of those are smart enough to buy OEM instead of paying anothe $150
buck for two free support calls.

> The
> number of people building their own computers has to be a tiny
> percentage of users out there, and this number is probably getting
> even smaller now that prices of new computers are dropping so low. Of
> this small percentage of users there is a much smaller percentage of
> people that are finding ways to get Windows really cheap or for
> nothing at all (using tricks like those you just mentioned.) Many
> people who might want to pirate Windows might not know how to go
> about doing it.
> Because of the above I would imagine pirating is not a huge problem
> for Microsoft in the United States (as compared to a country like
> China.) Microsoft can afford the people that fall through the cracks
> and take advantage of the system.

The piracy percentage was much worse in 1994 before most people owned
their own personal computer than it is today, in the US and the rest of
the world.

> One of the easiest ways to get around the system (and I believe I saw
> this on your website as well Kurt) is to install XP and after the
> records of your activation gets wiped you are free to install and
> activate that copy on another computer. Of course this is not as
> good as having your own copy.

And what the f*#k does your post have to do with my post? It's you have
totally missed the point!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:48:20 PM

I do see it as some advantages to this.
If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
You already spent money on the operating system.

One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
that?

Greg Ro

*I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
misleading
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:48:21 PM

so where is this website that i can order a cheaper copy of the retial
upgrade of xp pro

"Greg Ro" wrote:

> I do see it as some advantages to this.
> If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
> You already spent money on the operating system.
>
> One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
> you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
> don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
> out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
> come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
> still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
> Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
> that?
>

> Greg Ro
>
> *I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
> misleading

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:02:11 PM

Greg Ro wrote:
> I do see it as some advantages to this.
> If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
> You already spent money on the operating system.
>
> One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
> you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
> don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
> out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
> come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
> still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
> Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
> that?
>

> Greg Ro
>
> *I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
> misleading

Legally? Who knows until MS sues someone for doing it and wins.

If you are gonna use it for your own personal non-commercial use, then
you should think about just doing it. MS doesn't have the balls to
protest something like that in a REAL court.

Plus MS never supported you with that copy in the first place, so who
the F*#k are they to tell you what you can and cannot do with it?

If you want to use it for business purposes, then you should just bit
the bullet and buy a new copy.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:21:08 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/purchase/BuyNow.aspx

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:21:09 PM

so its only available in the states and not in the uk

"kurttrail" wrote:

> stuart macleod wrote:
> > so where is this website that i can order a cheaper copy of the retial
> > upgrade of xp pro
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/purchase/BuyNow.aspx
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:41:25 PM

stuart macleod wrote:
> so its only available in the states and not in the uk

LOL! I guess so. Yet another reason to hate the US!

Can I ask you a question? Too bad, I'm gonna ask it anyway!

What are you trying to do with the computer that requires a so-called
"Legit" License?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
July 27, 2005 8:42:02 PM

A friend of mine bought a copy of XP Pro on EBay that "turned out"(ahem) to
be a "corporate"(prated) version.He bought it trough PayPal so he got about
75%( $50.00 ) of his money back through their buyer protection program. If
he goes through the MS program and requirements he will end up with a fresh,
legit copy of XP Pro for $25.00 ! Where do I sign up?

"Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message

> I do see it as some advantages to this.
> If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
> You already spent money on the operating system.
>
> One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
> you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
> don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
> out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
> come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
> still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
> Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
> that?
>

> Greg Ro
>
> *I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
> misleading

July 27, 2005 8:49:40 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:21:08 -0400, "kurttrail"
<dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

>http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/purchase/BuyNow.aspx

My location is: United States

1. Qualify for a Complimentary Windows Genuine Advantage Kit

2. License a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Online for US $149.00

Okay, why not go for it. They want to make me better deals to be a
Pirate than for being the honest buyer of their software that I have
been since Windows 3.1 days. Get a pirated version off Ebay or at a
local flea market for $5 and then go for the deal.

Goto the site you mention and fill it out:

My location is: United States

1. Qualify for a Complimentary Windows Genuine Advantage Kit

2. License a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit Online for US $149.00

Okay, doing a test run I select United States for the Region and then
select #1.

I get this:

"The Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP Professional is not
currently available in the region you have selected. For this limited
trial period, the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP
Professional is only available in the United States."

Uh, a big DUH! I selected "United States" Lets try #2 and see if M$
could at least get that one right.

Nope, got the same thing.

So here it is... M$ logic says that if you live in the Region "United
States" then you do not qualify for the deal because the deal is only
for people living in the Region "United States". You would think this
type of logic would be the same kind as that behind stuff like Product
Activation, you know, where honest people have to prove they didn't
pirate the software after buying it while the REAL pirates don't have
to activate. With each passing day, these people amaze me even more
and more with the logic they invent.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:52:05 PM

Jim wrote:
> A friend of mine bought a copy of XP Pro on EBay that "turned
> out"(ahem) to be a "corporate"(prated) version.He bought it trough
> PayPal so he got about 75%( $50.00 ) of his money back through their
> buyer protection program. If he goes through the MS program and
> requirements he will end up with a fresh, legit copy of XP Pro for
> $25.00 ! Where do I sign up?

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/purchase/BuyNow.aspx

And as we already found out, it is only available in the US.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 9:36:09 PM

uggabugga wrote:
> Okay then keep yelling until XP goes down to $50. I'm glad you guys
> got the energy.

LOL! I'm slowly moving to Linux. I'm doing my part already.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:34:14 AM

NoStop wrote:
> After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, kurttrail had this
> to say:
>
>> kurttrail wrote:

>>> So what is your point?
>>>
>> ght
>
> Kurt, quit talking to yourself. You might start confusing yourself ...
> again.

Actually that isn't far from the truth.

I have one wireless keyboard operating 2 computers, and the "ght" post
was sent by the second comupter by mistake.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:05:58 PM

"Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message

> I do see it as some advantages to this.
> If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
> You already spent money on the operating system.

But if you brought a legit copy, you've paid more for a "pirate copy" + MS
WinXP discounted (maybe free) copy.

MS backs the looter.

- Winux P

> One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
> you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
> don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
> out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
> come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
> still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
> Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
> that?
>

> Greg Ro
>
> *I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
> misleading

July 28, 2005 12:05:59 PM

Not only that but legitimate buyers of XP are subsidizing the pirates!

"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message

> "Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I do see it as some advantages to this.
>> If you unknowingly purchase the oses not knowing if this is pirated.
>> You already spent money on the operating system.
>
> But if you brought a legit copy, you've paid more for a "pirate copy" + MS
> WinXP discounted (maybe free) copy.
>
> MS backs the looter.
>
> - Winux P
>

>> One thing I don't like is that you can't get the same operating system
>> you have. I bought a copy of windows 98se thinking it was legal. I
>> don't think it is legal according to Microsoft rules. It came with
>> out hardware and a COA. I bought a windows me OEM upgrade*. It did
>> come with OEM & coa, however it didn't come with hardware. I would
>> still like to use the 98se & windowsMe one of my other computers.
>> Since I paid a chunk of money for it. Anyway for me to legally do
>> that?
>>

>> Greg Ro
>>
>> *I thought this was a full retail version of windowsme the ad was
>> misleading

July 28, 2005 9:40:19 PM

Of course it's cheap in India, that's where all their employees are -
got to give that company discount. :)
July 28, 2005 9:40:48 PM

!