[40k] Tale of RGMW Gamers: Month 3 summary, call for Month..

Well, I might be jumping the gun as well, but I figure since Craig Little
has kicked off the WFB month 4 thread, I'll do the same for 40k. After all,
it's already the Ides of March! I'm trying to reconstruct the Month 3
summary from Googled posts; if I've missed anyone or messed up the summary
of your army, please post a correct one in this thread.
---

Joakim/jockelinde: Chaos Space Marines - Death Guard

Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant: Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Mutation. Great
weapon, Terminator armour.
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2xPlasma gun. Aspiring Champion w/
Power Fist. Infiltrate
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2xPlasma gun. Aspiring Champion.
Infiltrate.
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2xMelta gun. Aspiring Champion w/
Power Fist.
-unit transport: Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Smoke
7 Plaguebearers

Models in army: 30
Total: 799pts
Over by £2
---

smithdoerr - The Sticky Tyranids Swarm (I think this is you month 2 list? I
never found your month 3)

1 Mutable Hive Tyrant: Adrenal Glands (In), Adrenal Glands (WS), Extended
Carapace, Toxin
Sacs, Wings, Scything Talons (x2); Flesh Hooks, Synapse Creature, The Horror
3 Tyrant Guard: Lash Whip, Rending Claws, Spineshield, Flesh Hooks
3 Ripper Swarm
3 Ripper Swarm
1 Ravener: Rending Claws (x1); Scything Talons (x1)
1 Carnifex: Scything Talons (x2); Extended Carapace

Models in Army: 12
Total: 522 pts
Saved: £0
---

Ken Coble - Lost and the Damned

Arch Heretic w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bolter, Plague Sword, Nurgle's Rot
7 Big Mutants: various CCWs, 1x Hvy Stubber
-Big Boss Mutant: Hvy Stubber
6 Allied Plague Marines: Bolters, Plague Knives, 1x Plasma gun
14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x missile launcher team
-Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x autocannon team
-Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x mortar team
-Agitator: Power Weapon, laspistol, Infiltrators
20 Plague Zombies: mixed weapons, count as 1 ccw + frag grenades
7 Rough Riders: 5x Hunting Lances, 2x grenade launchers
-Vetsarge: close combat weapon, laspistol

Models in army: 88
Total: 1238 pts
Saved: US$10.50
---

Desert Lurker (taking over for GLSwanson?): Tau

1 Commander Shas'o: Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker, Hard-wired
target lock, Hard-wired drone controller
-2 Bodyguards: Burst Cannon, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker
11 Fire Warriors: Pulse Rifles, Photon Grenades, Bonded
-1 Shas'ui: Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades ,Hard-wired drone controller
--2 Drones: Shield Generator (x2)
12 Kroot Carnivores: Kroot Rifle
11 Fire Warriors: Pulse Rifles, Photon Grenades
-1 Shas'ui: Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades, Hard-wired drone controller
--1 Drone: TL Pulse Carbine
9 Gue'vesa'la Human Auxiliaries: Lasguns (x7), Pulse Carbine (x2)
-1 Gue'vesa'ui: Lasgun, Markerlight
9 Gue'vesa'la Human Auxiliaries: Lasguns (x7), Pulse Carbine (x2)
-1 Gue'vesa'ui: Lasgun, Markerlight
7 Fire Warriors: Pulse Carbine (x4), Pulse Rifle (x3), Photon Grenades
-1 Shas'ui: Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades, Hard-wired drone controller
--1 Drone: TL Pulse Carbine (x1)
1 Devilfish Dropship: Burst Cannon, Landing Gear
- 2 Gun Drones: TL Pulse Carbine
6 Gun Drones (Fast Attack): TL Pulse Carbine
1 Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, Smart Missile System, Landing Gear, Targeting
Array, Seeker Missile, Target Lock, Decoy Launcher

Models in Army: 81
Total: 1327 pts
Saved: US$10
---

Tim/Helicon One: Daemonhunters

Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak grenades.
3 Death Cult Assassins
10 Storm Troopers: Flamer.
-transport: Rhino w/ Hunter-killer missile
5 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns
7 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.

Models in Army: 30
Total: 640 pts
Saved: £6
---

Xis: Necrons

20 Necron Warriors @ 18 pts each
3 Necron Destroyers @ 50 pts each
5 Scarab Swarms @ 12 pts each
8 Necron Immortals @ 28 pts each
1 Necron Lord @100 pts
1 Heavy Destroyer @ 65 pts

Models in army: 38
Total: 959 pts
Saved: US$5
---

John Hwang: Tau

Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller
-1 shield drone
12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
12 Kroot
6 Gun Drones
2 Broadside Battlesuits, each with 2 shield drones. Shas'vre.
Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
Devilfish Squad:
-8 Fire Warriors: with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
-Transport: Devilfish (didn't know what extras you were going to run it
with)
(John - it looks like the Devilfish squad box comes with a spare Gun Drone:
I assumed you are adding it to the Gun Drone FA squad; please correct me if
this was not your plan)

Models in army: 48
Total: 942 pts
Saved: US$0
---

I think that's everyone. Like I said, if I messed anything up or if I
missed anyone please post a correction. Also, I've tried to e-mail Philip
Bowles since this was his idea, but I don't think it went through. Philip,
if you'd like I'll be glad to take over the record-keeping for the 40k half
of the Tale. I know you said that net access was more problematic for you
now that you were in Australia.

--
Ken Coble

Then, feeling wonderful over all this sin they had just abolished, the
aldermen went a little further and made it unlawful for a male citizen to
carry a gun, fight, drink, gamble, swear, disturb the peace, expose himself
indecently, or "be seen in the company of a prostitute not his wife or some
other relative."
-Leon Claire Metz, _The Shooters_

Kenneth Coble wrote:
<snip>

> Ken Coble - Lost and the Damned
>
> Arch Heretic w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bolter, Plague Sword, Nurgle's Rot
> 7 Big Mutants: various CCWs, 1x Hvy Stubber
> -Big Boss Mutant: Hvy Stubber
> 6 Allied Plague Marines: Bolters, Plague Knives, 1x Plasma gun
> 14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x missile launcher
> team -Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
> 14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x autocannon team
> -Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
> 14 Traitor Troops: Lasguns, 1x grenade launcher, 1x mortar team
> -Agitator: Power Weapon, laspistol, Infiltrators
> 20 Plague Zombies: mixed weapons, count as 1 ccw + frag grenades
> 7 Rough Riders: 5x Hunting Lances, 2x grenade launchers
> -Vetsarge: close combat weapon, laspistol
>
> Models in army: 88
> Total: 1238 pts
> Saved: US$10.50
> ---
<snip>

Well, here's month 4! Thematically, this month is going to reflect the
growing number of insane and mutated farmers and townsfolk who are flocking
to the Plague Banner. I'm going to make them a heterogenous lot, built by
combining parts from the Catachan and WFB Chaos Marauder boxes with leftover
bitz from the Zombie regiment and the Ork sprues I used to make my Big
Mutants. This will really cement that "shambling hordes" concept I wanted,
as the Plague Marines and the relatively elite Traitor Guardsmen now have a
big group of mutants and plague zombies tagging along in their wake.

Surplus from last month: US$10.50
Purchases: 40k Catachan box ($30), WFB Chaos Marauder box ($30)
Money left: US$0.50

Build:
-26 "rank and file" Brawny (+1S) mutants
-2 mutant bosses w/ CCW&Power Weapon
-4 mutants w/ Hvy Stubbers
-4 mutants w/ Daemon Icons

So here's the updated list:

Lost and the Damned Army, Month 4

Arch Heretic w/ Mark of Nurgle, Bolter, Plague Sword, Nurgle's Rot - 87pts
Big Mutants x7, with 1 Hvy Stubber - 240pts
-- Big Boss Mutant w/ Hvy Stubber
Allied Plague Marines (elite) x6, w/ Bolters, 1 PG - 124 pts
Traitor Troops x14, w/ Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 ML team - 170pts
--Agitator w/ Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
Traitor Troops x14, w/ Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 AC team - 170pts
--Agitator w/ Power Fist, laspistol, Infiltrators
Traitor Troops x14, w/ Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 Mortar team - 165pts
--Agitator w/ Power Weapon, laspistol, Infiltrators
Plague Zombies x20 - 180pts
Mutants x24, Brawny, 2x stubbers - 255pts
-Mutant Boss w/ CCW+PW
Rough Riders x7: 5x H. Lances, 2x GLs - 102pts
--Vetsarge w/CCW+LP

Models in army: 113 models
+ spares: 1 mutant boss, 2 mutants w/ HvyStubber, 4 w/ Icons, 4 "plain"
mutants
Total: 1493 pts
Saved: US$0.50

Next month will be a bit slow: thematically, Nurgle will be sending more of
his elites to support his new scion; practically, I'm trying to hit the 1850
point mark and save some money for a big purchase in month 6...

--

Kenneth Coble wrote:
> Well, I might be jumping the gun as well, but I figure since Craig Little
> has kicked off the WFB month 4 thread, I'll do the same for 40k.

OK...

> John Hwang: Tau
>
> Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller
> -1 shield drone
> 12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
> 12 Kroot
> 6 Gun Drones
> 2 Broadside Battlesuits, each with 2 shield drones. Shas'vre.
> Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
> Devilfish Squad:
> -8 Fire Warriors: with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
> -Transport: Devilfish (didn't know what extras you were going to run it
> with)

Neither do I. :)

I think I'll change things about slightly and pick up a 2nd Hammerhead
($40), with a 3rd set of Broadside Railguns & Vent bitz ($10).

$0 saved.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

Month 4:

Purchases:
Chaos predator 20
3 pounds saved

1000 point list:
HQ - lieutenant 45
MoN, termi armour, manreaper, strength 70

T - 6 plague marines, 2x plasma 134
AC, p fist 34
7x infiltration 21

T - 6 plague marines, 2x plasma 134
AC, p weapon, strength 34
7x infiltration 21

T - 6 plague marines, 2x melta 134
AC, p fist 34
rhino, armour, smoke 58

T - 7 plague bearers 112

HS - Predator annihilator, las sponsons 145
daemonic possession 20

Sum 996

Adding long range support the only way Death Guard can - by using
heavy support slots. This month there was also (finally) enough points
to upgrade the lieutenant's great weapon to a manreaper.

Next step is adding more long range support (defiler or dread), or a
second rhino squad (with dual flamers).

--
Joakim

Kenneth Coble wrote:
<snip>
> ---
>
> I think that's everyone. Like I said, if I messed anything up or if I
> missed anyone please post a correction. Also, I've tried to e-mail Philip
> Bowles since this was his idea, but I don't think it went through. Philip,
> if you'd like I'll be glad to take over the record-keeping for the 40k half
> of the Tale. I know you said that net access was more problematic for you
> now that you were in Australia.

Month 1 looked like Tau Battleforce for $90 = $10 left
Month 2
Cadian Schock troops (20) $30
Fire Warriors (12) $30
Month 3
Hammerhead $40
$10 left over

Month 4

Devlifish and Firewarrior box $50
Contains 8 firewarriors and 2 drones (I think)
$10 left over.

Use the firewarriors to re-enforce the other 2 FW sqads add the drones
to the drones squadron. Devilfish is reall for the pathfinders next
month but I can use it to keep one of the FW squads in reserve for this
month mythological battles.

-JOe

"Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:<%OJZd.27187$wl4.724510@twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> Well, I might be jumping the gun as well, but I figure since Craig Little
> has kicked off the WFB month 4 thread, I'll do the same for 40k. After all,
> it's already the Ides of March! I'm trying to reconstruct the Month 3
> summary from Googled posts; if I've missed anyone or messed up the summary
> of your army, please post a correct one in this thread.

Thanks Ken (and everyone else). I'm updating my lists now and I've
just posted the WFB summary. For those who aren't reading the WFB
threads, I'll repeat here that my suggestion to Guy Haley for a WD
article based on this project has been met by a deafening silence, so
I can only suppose it hasn't come to anything.

Philip Bowles

Necrons, Month 4:

I made my purchases this month, but played few games.

$50 Monthly Allowance
$5 Leftover from last month
-$25 Heavy Destroyer
-$30 Necron Warrior Box