morikal

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
So, I am having trouble finding a good KVM which meets these requirements:

(I'm trying to get my programming/linux box and my gaming/windows box on the same connects, so I don't have to shut down and move plugs all the time...)

1) I only need 2 connections right now, but if its not hella lots more expensive, I would prefer 4

2) I have a 30" monitor with a 2560x1600 native res, so I need a KVM capable of supporting it. This seems to be the biggest hurdle, as the number of products I've found which support resolutions this high is pretty low...

3) I have a 7.1 surround sound system set up... not absolutely needed to be switched though; I mainly use it for music and gaming, which I could just keep all on the windows box. In fact, might be better to keep it all on the windows box. I think that taking sound out of the equation might drop it within a reasonable price too.

4) Cheap. I'm not trying to pay massive amounts of money for something I can do myself... I don't really NEED hot swapping, its just nice to not need to shut down and swap a bunch of cables whenever I need to switch boxes... I don't have a requirement to use both at once.

5) quality... I have a high end mouse and keyboard, both of which use USB 2.0. I've read that a lot of KVMs out there don't support 2.0, and that mouse/kb behavior on them is a little screwy when using a 2.0 device...

So, anyone have any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts