[WFB] A Tale of RGMW Gamers Summary - Month 3

Sorry this has been a (very) long time coming; hopefully I'll be a bit
more organised next month. I'll write up my own month 4 purchases
(which I'll keep doing in pounds for simplicity, even though I no
longer have access to a pound symbol) later and post them in the next
week or two (hopefully). As an aside, I never heard back from Guy
Haley on the White Dwarf idea, so I think we'll have to assume that
that won't come to anything. It's a shame, but at least I tried.
Anyway, onto the long-awaited summary:

Philip Bowles (Dark Elves)

Kourzan of Har Ganeth, Dark Elf Noble: General. Great weapon, heavy
armour, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Melkhen the Black, Dark Elf Noble: Battle Standard Bearer (The Hydra
Banner). Hand weapon, heavy armour.
Hekate, Dark Elf Sorceress: Level 2. Dispel Magic Scroll, Seal of
Ghrond, hand weapon, Dark Steed.

30 Dark Elf Warriors: Spear, hand weapon, light armour, shield.
Champion, standard, musician.
16 Dark Elf Warriors: Repeater crossbow, hand weapon, light armour.
Mengil Manhide: Great weapon, repeater crossbow pistol, hand weapon,
heavy armour.
9 Manflayers: Great weapon, repeater crossbow, hand weapon, heavy
armour.
Reaper bolt thrower: 2 crew with hand weapons and light armour.

Total: 1,380pts
Saved: £0.50

Sam Campbell/manickze (Cult of Slaanesh)

Dark Elf Sorceress: General. Mark of Slaanesh. Darkstar Cloak, Dispel
Magic Scroll, hand weapon.
Druchii Anointed: Blade of Ruin, Quickening Blood.

16 Dark Elf Warriors: Mark of Slaanesh. Spear, hand weapon, light
armour. Champion, standard, musician.
18 Devoted of Slaanesh: Two hand weapons. Champion, standard bearer,
musician.
12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Total: 1,164pts
Saved: AU$20.30

Joe Boster/Desert Lurker (High Elves)

Commander Findaráto Calafalas: Pure of Heart. Blade of Sea Gold,
Enchanteed Shield, heavy armour, Elven steed with ithilmar barding

Galdor's First Spears: 20 Spearmen: Spear, hand weapon, light armour,
shield. Captain, standard, musician. War Banner
12 Spearmen: Spear, hand weapon, light armour, shield. Captain,
standard, musician.
Angoráto's Archers: 16 Archers: Longbow, light
armour, hand weapon. Captain.

12 Swordmasters of Hoeth: Great weapon, heavy armour. Bladelord
Valandil with the Sword of Battle, standard bearer, musician. Banner
of Arcane Protection.

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor including Drakemaster Elrohir with the
Sword of Might and Talisman of Protection, standard bearer and
musician. Lion Standard.

Total: 1,270pts
Saved: £0

Chris Valera (Bretonnia)

Green Knight

8 Knights of the Realm
48 Men-at-Arms

3 Dark Pegasi

estarriol (High Elves)

Juan Carlos, High Elf Commander: Hand weapon, heavy armour, shield,
barded Elven steed.
Donna Maria, High Elf Mage: Level 1. Barded Elven Steed.
Iolanda of Bar, High Elf Mage: Level 1.

Ferdinand's Spears: 24 Spearmen including Captain, standard bearer and
musician.
Carlos' Spears: 24 Spearmen including Captain, standard bearer and
musician.
Isabella's Archers: 16 Archers, including Captain and standard bearer.
Alfonso's Lancers: 8 Silver Helms armed with lances, wearing heavy
armour and equipped with shields, riding barded Elven Steeds.

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 1,382pts
Saved: £0

Joakim Hemsle/Ewok (Wood Elves)

Glade Guardian: Longbow, Hail of Doom Arrow, light
armour, shield, Amber Amulet
Wood Elf Mage: Level 2. Unicorn, Blade of Fury.
Wood Elf Mage: Level 2

16 Glade Guard: Champion, standard bearer, musician.
12 Glade Guard: Champion, standard bearer, musician
5 Archers
5 Archers

Great Eagle

Elven Steed

Total: 956pts
Saved: 0 {IIRC}

Christof Bell (Lizardmen)

Saurus Scar-Veteran: Light armour, shield, Piranha Blade, Bane Head.
Blessed Spawning of Tepok
Skink Priest: Level 2, Scout. Staff of the Lost Sun, Dragonfly of
Quicksilver

10 Skink Skirmishers: Scouts. Blowpipes.
10 Skink Skirmishers: Scouts. Blowpipes.
10 Skink Skirmishers: Scouts. Blowpipes.
12 Skink Skirmishers: Javelins and shields.
3 Jungle Swarms
16 Saurus Warriors: Hand weapons and shields. Spawning Champion,
standard bearer and musician.
16 Saurus Warriors: Hand weapons and shields. Spawning Champion,
standard bearer and musician.

Salamander Hunting Pack: 2 Salamanders each with 3 Skink runners

Total: 1,355pts
Saved: E34.10

Donovan Borman (Dogs of War)

Captain Schornhauser: Hand weapon, heavy armour, shield.
Oleg Bonaduski, Paymaster: Halberd, heavy armour, shield.
Ludwig, Wizard: Level 1
Finka, Wizard: Level 1

Fritze's Fodder - 9 Duellists: Two hand weapons, shields.
Maximillian's Meatshields - 9 Duellists: Two hand weapons, shields.
20 Pikemen: Champion, standard, musician.
20 Pikemen: Champion, standard, musician.
10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen

The Knights of the Shining Coin - 8 Heavy Cavalry: Champion, standard,
musician.
Naggur Thickankles and the Baby Shower Gang, 4 Ogre Bulls: 2 hand
weapons, light armour. Champion, standard bearer, musician.

Brittletooth Tindertoes Catering Service, Halfling Hotpot

Total: 1,493pts
Saved: -US$1

Craig Little (Tomb Kings)

Tomb Prince Cambyses III: Great weapon, Armour of the Ages, chariot.
Liche Priest Psamtek: Hierophant. Collar of Shapesh, Dispel Scroll,
Skeletal Steed
Liche Priest ‘Alexandre': Talisman of Protection, Dispel Scroll

7 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen: Champion, musician, standard bearer. War
Banner
8 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen: Champion, standard bearer, musician.
16 Skeleton Soldiers: Bow, musician
16 Skeleton Soldiers: Bow, musician
3 Tomb Kings Chariots: Champion, standard bearer, musician. Icon of
the Sacred Eye

Total: 1,353pts
Saved: US$1

Philip Bowles

Well, things seem to have lost a bit of steam on the Tale recently, so
I'll give it a bit of a boost here. This is where I got to last time:

Kourzan of Har Ganeth, Dark Elf Noble: General. Great weapon, heavy
armour, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Melkhen the Black, Dark Elf Noble: Battle Standard Bearer (The Hydra
Banner). Hand weapon, heavy armour.
Hekate, Dark Elf Sorceress: Level 2. Dispel Magic Scroll, Seal of
Ghrond, hand weapon, Dark Steed.

30 Dark Elf Warriors: Spear, hand weapon, light armour, shield.
Champion, standard, musician.
16 Dark Elf Warriors: Repeater crossbow, hand weapon, light armour.

Mengil Manhide: Great weapon, repeater crossbow pistol, hand weapon,
heavy armour.
9 Manflayers: Great weapon, repeater crossbow, hand weapon, heavy
armour.

Reaper bolt thrower: 2 crew with hand weapons and light armour.

Total: 1,380pts
Saved: £0.50

With months ticking by I've decided to go for a very un-GW approach
and plan what I can afford over the next few months, trying for
complete units wherever possible. With that in mind, I'll take 5 Dark
Riders this month (5 pounds each) - I still want a sixth for the unit,
but at least I'll have some fast cavalry, a bit of extra firepower and
something for my Sorceress to hide in to boot. So, at the end of month
4 I have:

Kourzan of Har Ganeth, Dark Elf Noble: General. Great weapon, heavy
armour, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Melkhen the Black, Dark Elf Noble: Battle Standard Bearer (The Hydra
Banner). Hand weapon, heavy armour.
Hekate, Dark Elf Sorceress: Level 2. Dispel Magic Scroll, Seal of
Ghrond, hand weapon, Dark Steed.

30 Dark Elf Warriors: Spear, hand weapon, light armour, shield.
Champion, standard, musician.
16 Dark Elf Warriors: Repeater crossbow, hand weapon, light armour.
5 Dark Riders: Spears, repeater crossbows

Mengil Manhide: Great weapon, repeater crossbow pistol, hand weapon,
heavy armour.
9 Manflayers: Great weapon, repeater crossbow, hand weapon, heavy
armour.

Reaper bolt thrower: 2 crew with hand weapons and light armour.

Total: 1,510?pts
Saved: £0.50

Helicon_One wrote:
> "Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Well, things seem to have lost a bit of steam on the Tale recently
>
> I think I owe you a month or possibly 2 now, I'll try and get them
> done ASAP. Is there a 40K thread around here I should be aiming them
> at?

Tim:
I started the 40k "month 3 summary/call for month 4 post" last month, but
it's fallen all the way off my newsreader already. Here's the Google link
for it (and I don't know if this will get all broken up or not):

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.miniatures.warhammer/browse_frm/thread/be3e0d768ed8d56f/f39046c939bc74a8?q=rgmw+ken+coble&rnum=1#f39046c939bc74a8

and if that's irretrieveably broken, you can Google for the title "Tale of
RGMW Gamers: Month 3 summary, call for Month 4 lists "

Looking at my records, I think we were missing your month 4 and smithdoerr's
sticky Tyranids month 3 and 4. Here's the last summary I had for you, as of
the end of Month 3:

Tim/Helicon One: Daemonhunters
Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak grenades.
3 Death Cult Assassins
10 Storm Troopers: Flamer.
-transport: Rhino w/ Hunter-killer missile
5 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns
7 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.
Models in Army: 30
Total: 640 pts
Saved: £6

Hope that helps. I figure Philip will make the 'official' month 4
summary/call for month 5 in a few days or so.

--
Ken Coble

I am just an aging drummer boy
And in the wars I used to play
And I've called the tune to many a torture session
Now they say I am a war criminal
And I'm fading away
Father, please hear my confession
-Dire Straits, "The Man's Too Strong"

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<Qc6dneiFj_-spszfRVn-1g@comcast.com>...
> "Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry this has been a (very) long time coming; hopefully I'll be a bit
> > more organised next month. I'll write up my own month 4 purchases
>
> As by my calaculations, today (April 4th) is the start of Month *5* of the
> Tale, I figure I'd better stop by and update what we have here.

You're right, it is. And for the Dark Elves one purchase is mandated
by the impending price rise (as I'm still going by UK prices) - the
repeater bolt thrower will be affected, so I need to buy the remaining
one now before the price goes up later in the month. That leaves me 15
pounds to play around with. As I want complete units where possible
I'll add a sixth Dark Rider to complete that unit. That could leave me
10 pounds to put towards next month's Executioners, but I think the
command group (currently 7 pounds) might also be affected by the price
rise, so now seems the right time to buy that as well. Therefore:

Month 5

Dark Rider
Executioner Draich-master, Standard Bearer and Musician
Reaper Bolt Thrower

Saved: 3.50 pounds

Army to date:

Kourzan of Har Ganeth, Dark Elf Noble: General. Great weapon, heavy
armour, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Melkhen the Black, Dark Elf Noble: Battle Standard Bearer (The Hydra
Banner). Hand weapon, heavy armour.
Hekate, Dark Elf Sorceress: Level 2. Dispel Magic Scroll, Seal of
Ghrond, hand weapon, Dark Steed.

30 Dark Elf Warriors: Spear, hand weapon, light armour, shield.
Champion, standard, musician.
16 Dark Elf Warriors: Repeater crossbow, hand weapon, light armour.
6 Dark Riders: Spear, repeater crossbow, hand weapon, light armour.
Horsemaster, standard bearer, musician.

Mengil Manhide: Great weapon, repeater crossbow pistol, hand weapon,
heavy armour.
9 Manflayers: Great weapon, repeater crossbow, hand weapon, heavy
armour.
3 Executioners: Draich-master, standard bearer, musician

2 Reaper bolt throwers: 2 crew with hand weapons and light armour.

Total: approx. 1,710pts
Saved: £0.50

Helicon_One wrote:
> "Kenneth Coble" <flintlocklaser@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Helicon_One wrote:
>>> "Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I think I owe you a month or possibly 2 now, I'll try and get them
>>> done ASAP. Is there a 40K thread around here I should be aiming them
>>> at?
>>
>> Tim:
>> I started the 40k "month 3 summary/call for month 4 post" last
>> month, but it's fallen all the way off my newsreader already. Here's the
>> Google link for it (and I don't know if this will get all
>> broken up or not):
>
> Thanks, you're a star.

Hey, no problem. Glad I could help!

--
Ken Coble

I am just an aging drummer boy
And in the wars I used to play
And I've called the tune to many a torture session
Now they say I am a war criminal
And I'm fading away
Father, please hear my confession
-Dire Straits, "The Man's Too Strong"

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Next Month: Ushabti!

It's that most wonderful tme of the month again. Sadly, not got any gaming
or painting in, so here's the purchase summary

$61 to spend
1 Ushabti Regiment Set @ $45.00
1 Ushabti @ 15.00
$60 spent, $51 for next month.