Tags:
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
July 27, 2005 3:38:03 PM

Hi

When I try to access the Internet I get a white page with black writing
saying

Forbidden
You were denied access because
Access denied by access control list.

I had only one user account and it was set as Administrator.

After searching MS database (Q316699), and Google, I decided to create
another User Administrator account. I find that I can now access the Internet
via this new account. I am therefore presuming that somehow the old account
has been corrupted.

I would now like to set this new account up exactly like the old one
(without the fault of course), then delete the old one. Does anyone know the
best way to go about this? I don’t want to loose any files etc, and I am not
quite sure what will disappear when I delete. I have read the MS information
on Creating and Managing User accounts, but it doesn’t give much information
about deleting.

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : corrupt user account

July 27, 2005 8:30:43 PM

In news:626D59FE-413E-4492-A004-1BEEE53EA315@microsoft.com,
Korky <Korky@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi
>
> When I try to access the Internet I get a white page with black
> writing saying
>
> Forbidden
> You were denied access because
> Access denied by access control list.
>
> I had only one user account and it was set as Administrator.
>
> After searching MS database (Q316699), and Google, I decided to create
> another User Administrator account. I find that I can now access the
> Internet via this new account. I am therefore presuming that somehow
> the old account has been corrupted.
>
> I would now like to set this new account up exactly like the old one
> (without the fault of course), then delete the old one. Does anyone
> know the best way to go about this? I don't want to loose any files
> etc, and I am not quite sure what will disappear when I delete. I
> have read the MS information on Creating and Managing User accounts,
> but it doesn't give much information about deleting.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.htm...

Galen