How to remove Backdoor.Trojan

My norton Antivirus detected ( after updating the definitions )
Backdoor.Trojan having the object name c:\ WINDOWS\System32\scrsvc.exe
I would like to know about its removal tool as Norton couldnot repair it .
If deleting this file can get rid of this virus ?
please suggest a solution
2 answers Last reply
More about remove backdoor trojan

    Symantec Security Response - Backdoor.Trojan:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.trojan.html

    Checking for/Help with Hijackware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

    When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
    (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
    It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
    your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
    for expert analysis, not here.**

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    "Anuj Jain" <AnujJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My norton Antivirus detected ( after updating the definitions )
    > Backdoor.Trojan having the object name c:\ WINDOWS\System32\scrsvc.exe
    > I would like to know about its removal tool as Norton couldnot repair it .
    > If deleting this file can get rid of this virus ?
    > please suggest a solution

    Go to Symantec's site and search for that virus. The site has very complete
    instructions for removing the problem.

Trojan Norton Windows XP