Status
Not open for further replies.

enlive

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hey, I have had a Razer Barracuda for a while and notice it is unbelieably bad. Was just wondering if it needs a decent soundcard or if it is just plain bad?

...I assume you mean the headphones, and not the Razer Barracuda soundcard...

In practice, the Barracuda's (the headset) sound much better with a soundcard, although other 5.1 headsets I've tried have sounded better overall (although I note, all my headsets since my barracuda's have used digital and not analog).

Really, once you get to 5.1, a soundcard is really needed to get the most out of youre sound system.

enlive

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

At the moment using intergrated, and yea I'm talking about the headset. I mean even using my brother's Fatality headset it just seems so much better even though it is a fraction of the price. Would it be better than the Fatality headset with a soundcard do you think?

The Fatality is USB right? USB headphones come complete with their own drivers and mini-sound chip, so they always sound better then a headset using an integrated chipset. Going from onboard to a ASUS Xonar D2 really made my old barracudas come to life.

That being said, they always did sound a bit on the flat side, and my Tritton AX Pro's blow them out of the water...

Status
Not open for further replies.