Sata 2 drives need help!!

StormWindZero

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2005
Ok i have this problem with my 2 Sata Hard Drives. I have my one set as my prim windows is installed and working. I brought another Sata Hard Drive. So i put it in put to sata conecter next to the other drive. I see both drives on boot setup. Got my main set up to boot and goes to windows.

Now here is the problem i dont see the other drive in windows. i still see my prim drive and i do still see my IDE drives. I tryed disconecting the IDE. I have tryed switching pin conecter on 2nd drive. Can anyone see my problem.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
New drives do not come with a partition on them. You need to do this:
Right click on my computer, go to manage
click "disk management"
the initialization wizard may pop up to initialize the drive. just hit next, next, next, etc until it goes away ;) your new drive should show up there as a large grey box saying something like unpartitioned.
then right click in the grey (unpartitioned) area and choose to create a new partition. I dont remember the exact words but it is something along that line.
go through that little wizard (next,next,etc). the drive will format (let it finish the full format before use or choose quick format).
then it should show up under my computer with a drive letter.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

TRENDING THREADS