Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need a new webcam

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
November 28, 2010 7:49:39 PM

I want to get my wife a new webcam for Christmas but I am too lazy to do the research. Looking to spend $20-$40. It will replace her Logitech quickcam 5.6 because it is 10 years old and not compatable with Windows 7 on her new system. She will only be using it for messengers and web conversations. Nothing fancy. I just dont want to buy the first cheepy I see and not have it work when it arrives. Suggestions?

More about : webcam

Best solution

November 29, 2010 12:57:08 AM
November 29, 2010 11:53:45 PM

Those look OK. I know Logitech makes good stuff. I haven't really looked at Microsoft web-cams though. I would assume there wouldn't be any compatibility issues- at least not until Windows 2018 or whatever comes out. On the other hand I was thinking a web-cam that's mountable on top of your monitor would be nice since my wife's desk is always a cluttered mess. Am I putting way too much thought into this or what?!?
Related resources
December 1, 2010 9:10:02 PM

Best answer selected by Bumperpants.
December 1, 2010 9:11:17 PM

Bumperpants said:
I want to get my wife a new webcam for Christmas but I am too lazy to do the research. Looking to spend $20-$40. It will replace her Logitech quickcam 5.6 because it is 10 years old and not compatable with Windows 7 on her new system. She will only be using it for messengers and web conversations. Nothing fancy. I just dont want to buy the first cheepy I see and not have it work when it arrives. Suggestions?

I decided to go with
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product
Thanks for your help dEAne!
!