Doubleclick Icons does not work

A bunch of stuff wrong here:
I have to rightclick and select OPEn to launch a program icon
Windows Update just sits there
Office Xp Update will select updatestand download them but they dont install
I cant install/REPAIR Office from the original CD
I get message the the MSINSTALLER IS NOT ACCESSABLE

This laptop user had her macine up and on...came back and shouted " My
computer crashed"

Malke

Dan DeCoursey wrote:

> A bunch of stuff wrong here:
> I have to rightclick and select OPEn to launch a program icon
> Windows Update just sits there
> Office Xp Update will select updatestand download them but they dont
> install I cant install/REPAIR Office from the original CD
> I get message the the MSINSTALLER IS NOT ACCESSABLE
>
> This laptop user had her macine up and on...came back and shouted " My
> computer crashed"

What have you done to troubleshoot? I would start by making sure the
machine is malware-free.

If the machine is clean, look in Event Viewer for clues. You may also
run Doug Knox's .exe fix:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers