Sworkhard

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005

I have an oem copy of windows xp from ncix.com (a large software and hardware
distributor based in Burnaby, BC, Canada) which I purchaced in January 2002.
This has always served my well until the last two days when it refuses to
validate. It still activates (I did two clean installs trying to get it to
work) and for the old genuine advantage program, it validated as well. What
could possibly have gone wrong?

Did you call microsoft to have them reset the CD key? Call the number listed
under Activate by Telephone.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"Sworkhard" wrote:

> I have an oem copy of windows xp from ncix.com (a large software and hardware
> distributor based in Burnaby, BC, Canada) which I purchaced in January 2002.
> This has always served my well until the last two days when it refuses to
> validate. It still activates (I did two clean installs trying to get it to
> work) and for the old genuine advantage program, it validated as well. What
> could possibly have gone wrong?

Sworkhard

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

"uggabugga" wrote:

> Did you call microsoft to have them reset the CD key? Call the number listed
> under Activate by Telephone.
> --
> That's just like my opinion, Man........
>

> "Sworkhard" wrote:
>
> > I have an oem copy of windows xp from ncix.com (a large software and hardware
> > distributor based in Burnaby, BC, Canada) which I purchaced in January 2002.
> > This has always served my well until the last two days when it refuses to
> > validate. It still activates (I did two clean installs trying to get it to
> > work) and for the old genuine advantage program, it validated as well. What
> > could possibly have gone wrong?

Sworkhard

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005

I tried this, they informed me that my CD Key is valid but did not reset it
(at least I don't think they did). Seems they cannot do this. They told me
it was a software issue (no really) and that I could get paid support to help
resolve this issue. Any other ideas.

Sworkhard wrote:
> I tried this, they informed me that my CD Key is valid but did not
> reset it (at least I don't think they did). Seems they cannot do
> this. They told me it was a software issue (no really) and that I
> could get paid support to help resolve this issue. Any other ideas.

Yes, call them back and record the conversation with them telling you
that you need to contact pay for support to fix their validation scheme
software. Then contact the media, your state attorney general, and the
US Justice Department.

File a complaint - http://www.microsoft-antitrust.gov/ComplaintForm.asp

Contact the MS anti-trust Judge -
http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/kotelly-bio.html

There is no way in hell that you should pay to fix there BULLSH*T
validation scheme!

--
Peace!
Kurt

Sworkhard

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005

I talked to a different department at microsoft and they forwarded me to paid
support for free. They took down what I told them, re-verified that I had a
legit copy, and promised to phone me back in 2 days. So, I got free paid
service. Hopefully its just something to do with server caching or the likes