Changing Windows XP Login Behavior

July 27, 2005 5:03:28 PM

I have two computers both running Windows XP Pro SP-2. I am the only
user on both of them. The first one starts with focus on the Welcome
screen already on my password entry box. Just type and press Enter.
The second one starts with no focus on the Welcome screen. I must
click on my name first, then enter my password and press Enter.

How can I make the second PC behave the same as the first?

Thanks.
July 27, 2005 7:09:43 PM

try Classic. Do you know how to do that?
"Klaatu" <klaatu@earthling.net> wrote in message
>I have two computers both running Windows XP Pro SP-2. I am the only
> user on both of them. The first one starts with focus on the Welcome
> screen already on my password entry box. Just type and press Enter.
> The second one starts with no focus on the Welcome screen. I must
> click on my name first, then enter my password and press Enter.
>
> How can I make the second PC behave the same as the first?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 1:17:10 PM

Yes, I know how to "try Classic", but that doesn't really get me where
I want to be. I want to use the new XP Welcome screen, just have my
name already selected when I boot up. Thanks.
!