Image Files

I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to make
that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im short
on space here... Thank you if you respong!
6 answers Last reply
More about image files

    I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
    Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of windows
    is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i used
    was nero!!

    I have no knowledge of your problem, but that may be a *hidden file*.

    To view these files in Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files and
    Folders under Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View.

    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "Master" <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
    > Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of
    > windows
    > is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i
    > used
    > was nero!!

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:43:06 -0700, Master
    <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
    >need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to make
    >that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im short
    >on space here... Thank you if you respong!

    WTF are you talking about? I've never had this problem

    BTW, this problem is not a WinXP problem since XP has zero native
    ability ot burn images. You need to address the maker of whatever
    software you used to burn the issue to resolve your problem.

    Hi,

    Delete files here:

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    >I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
    > need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to
    > make
    > that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im
    > short
    > on space here... Thank you if you respong!

    Hi,

    Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options, and on the View tab, set the options
    so you can see hidden and system files. Specifically:

    Enable (check) "Display the contents of system folders"
    Enable (check) "Show hidden files and folders"
    Disable (uncheck): "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"

    I also recommend that you disable (uncheck) "hide extensions for known file
    types". You might also check your Nero settings if that is the program you
    used, it may be using a different temp location.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Master" <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
    > Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of
    > windows
    > is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i
    > used
    > was nero!!

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:40:02 -0700, Master
    <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
    >Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of windows
    >is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i used
    >was nero!!

    Then send your question to Ahead Nero Software. The problem is NOT
    related to XP.

Microsoft Windows XP