  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 27, 2005 5:43:06 PM

I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to make
that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im short
on space here... Thank you if you respong!

More about : image files

July 27, 2005 10:40:02 PM

I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of windows
is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i used
was nero!!
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:50:18 PM

I have no knowledge of your problem, but that may be a *hidden file*.

To view these files in Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files and
Folders under Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View.

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"Master" <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
> Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of
> windows
> is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i
> used
> was nero!!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:49:34 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:43:06 -0700, Master
<Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
>need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to make
>that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im short
>on space here... Thank you if you respong!

WTF are you talking about? I've never had this problem

BTW, this problem is not a WinXP problem since XP has zero native
ability ot burn images. You need to address the maker of whatever
software you used to burn the issue to resolve your problem.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:30:27 AM

Hi,

Delete files here:

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

>I recently burned a disc and you know when you burn a image on a disc you
> need to use 5 gb of your hard drive for it... i was wondering on how to
> make
> that 5 gb of the image file go away and return my extra 5 gb because im
> short
> on space here... Thank you if you respong!
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:14:58 AM

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options, and on the View tab, set the options
so you can see hidden and system files. Specifically:

Enable (check) "Display the contents of system folders"
Enable (check) "Show hidden files and folders"
Disable (uncheck): "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"

I also recommend that you disable (uncheck) "hide extensions for known file
types". You might also check your Nero settings if that is the program you
used, it may be using a different temp location.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Master" <Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
> Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of
> windows
> is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i
> used
> was nero!!
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 12:23:48 AM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:40:02 -0700, Master
<Master@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I cant seem to find that C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local
>Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CD Burning.... and this version of windows
>is XP PRO and for you {nobody man "WTF" U} the burning program that i used
>was nero!!

Then send your question to Ahead Nero Software. The problem is NOT
related to XP.