Mork

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2004

hi, i click 'save' in Notepad n after that i couldn't find the file. Where is
the file being saved to if i don't choose 'save as'? tkx.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

mork wrote:

> hi, i click 'save' in Notepad n after that i couldn't find the file. Where is
> the file being saved to if i don't choose 'save as'? tkx.

Search for the file name: Start | Search

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Mine defaults to %homepath%
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:49A00CCD-E37E-442A-A3DB-2B79F9BCCAFE@microsoft.com,
mork <mork@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> hi, i click 'save' in Notepad n after that i couldn't find the file.
> Where is the file being saved to if i don't choose 'save as'? tkx.

On my machine, it's in the My Documents folder by default. In the file, open
dialog box, try viewing your files as a text list sorted by name or date,
rather than those dumb icons.