2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 to 14.1 inch.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
The bigger the better, if I could watch 720 sized video that would be awesome. I'd love to use it for work but also entertainment on the train for movies.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable I guess.
5. How much battery life do you need?
This is a big issue for me. I need at least 3+ hours of battery life.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not much into games but Graphic must be good.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, watching movies, Etc.)
Movie watching, internet, working on program coding and typing papers/taking notes in class.
8. How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
The more the better! 200GB+ please.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Nothing specific, newegg is cool.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For at least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons?
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Processor - At least Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
RAM – At least 2 GB (DDR3)
The base configuration for the 14z is better equipped than the base config for the Y450, which would need a $200 upgrade (to the NVidia G 110) to be comparable. However, the 14z does not come with a DVD drive installed so you would have to get an external one if need be.