[40K] June is Tyranid Month!

From the latest issue of Game Trader magazine, releases for June:

NYA GAW 48-73 Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Tyranid Hunters $10.00
NYA GAW 51-01-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Codex $20.00
NYA GAW 51-06-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Genestealers Boxed Set $30.00
NYA GAW 51-07-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Warriors $35.00
NYA GAW 51-08-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Gaunts $35.00
NYA GAW 51-09-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Hive Tyrant $40.00
NYA GAW 51-12-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Battleforce $115.00
NYA GAW 51-38-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Lictor $30.00
NYA GAW 51-42-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Tyrant Guard $15.00

-Erik

"Erik Setzer" <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> From the latest issue of Game Trader magazine, releases for June:
>
> NYA GAW 48-73 Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Tyranid Hunters $10.00
> NYA GAW 51-01-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Codex $20.00
> NYA GAW 51-06-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Genestealers Boxed Set $30.00
> NYA GAW 51-07-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Warriors $35.00
> NYA GAW 51-08-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Gaunts $35.00
> NYA GAW 51-09-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Hive Tyrant $40.00
> NYA GAW 51-12-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Battleforce $115.00
> NYA GAW 51-38-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Lictor $30.00
> NYA GAW 51-42-N Warhammer 40k: Tyranid Tyrant Guard $15.00

Nice to see the catered for Marines too, now there's an army that just
doesn't get enough attention.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:19:10 -0500, "Craig Little"
<craig.little@gmail.com> wrote:

>Nice to see the catered for Marines too, now there's an army that just
>doesn't get enough attention.

Yeah, I mean come on, why don't the Marines get any love? All they
have is a new codex, all kinds of new units and characters for the
Ultramarines, and an upcoming Black Templars codex with new units and
characters for them... all while Orks and Eldar sit on the back
burner, and the Alien Hunters are nowhere near the stove.
-Erik

> Nice to see the catered for Marines too, now there's an army that just
> doesn't get enough attention.

It's an insidious plot to bring new, younger gamers into the fold whilst
dangling half fulfilled promises of updated codexii for the older
gamers. This just might keep them in the game long enough to extract
another boxed set sale out of them, or perhaps even long enough for the
new codex to make half their army illegal and extort another boxed set
sale from the. :p

Hive Tyrant wrote:

> It's an insidious plot to bring new, younger gamers into the fold whilst
> dangling half fulfilled promises of updated codexii for the older

If you're gonna go all fake latin, the plural of codex, is codeces.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:26:04 -0800, "Brion K. Lienhart"
<brionl@lienhart.name> wrote:

>Hive Tyrant wrote:
>
>> It's an insidious plot to bring new, younger gamers into the fold whilst
>> dangling half fulfilled promises of updated codexii for the older
>
>If you're gonna go all fake latin, the plural of codex, is codeces.

I thought it was codices? The plural of index is indices, so wouldn't
codex be codices? Aha... after a quick search, the plural of codex
is, indeed, codices - i.e., the Mayan Codices.
Going for the effect he was, codeci was more correct.
-Erik

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Nice to see the catered for Marines too, now there's an army that just
> doesn't get enough attention.

Yeah, heaven forbid we get more non marine players in this game

ULTRAMAREENZ R00l!

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
> Hive Tyrant wrote:
>
>> It's an insidious plot to bring new, younger gamers into the fold whilst
>> dangling half fulfilled promises of updated codexii for the older
>
> If you're gonna go all fake latin, the plural of codex, is codeces.

if you're gonna go all ancient latin, the plural of codex is spelled codices
:p

Doctor Rock wrote:
> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
>
>>Hive Tyrant wrote:
>>

>>>It's an insidious plot to bring new, younger gamers into the fold whilst
>>>dangling half fulfilled promises of updated codexii for the older
>>
>>If you're gonna go all fake latin, the plural of codex, is codeces.
>

> if you're gonna go all ancient latin, the plural of codex is spelled codices
> :p

I was testing you guys.

It was a cold day in September when Brion K. Lienhart entered the world pub
known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Doctor Rock wrote:
> > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message

> >>If you're gonna go all fake latin, the plural of codex, is codeces.
> >

> > if you're gonna go all ancient latin, the plural of codex is spelled codices
> > :p
>
> I was testing you guys.

Well duh...everyone knows that June is just another name for September...
--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

Latest posts