GD Atlanta Pictures

There are now a ton of Games Day Atlanta 2005 pictures in the GD
report at The Realm of Inisfail (http://www.inisfail.com)! There are
seminar images and pictures of upcoming releases. Forthcoming will be
pictures of the event hall before the event (before it was stormed!),
as well as pictures of tables, and some Golden Demon entries if we can
find the space.
-Erik

In article <vqc441lvbhg11fmq1149nctdrr33p6h9cs@4ax.com>, Erik Setzer,
erks@comcast.net Varfed out the following in Timo speak...
> There are now a ton of Games Day Atlanta 2005 pictures in the GD
> report at The Realm of Inisfail (http://www.inisfail.com)! There are
> seminar images and pictures of upcoming releases. Forthcoming will be
> pictures of the event hall before the event (before it was stormed!),
> as well as pictures of tables, and some Golden Demon entries if we can
> find the space.
> -Erik

Thank for the pics. The more I see of the new Stealer 'Brood
Lord' - the less I like it. Your shot isn't terribly clear, but the
pose is unimaginative, and the thing looks more related to a Lictor than
to the stealer broods. Oh well, the more I see of that mini, the more
happy I am I've got a pair of the old Patriarchs.

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****

RGMW FAQ: http://www.rgmw.org

Or...

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:29:15 GMT, Myrmidon <ImNot@home.com> wrote:

> Thank for the pics. The more I see of the new Stealer 'Brood
>Lord' - the less I like it. Your shot isn't terribly clear, but the
>pose is unimaginative, and the thing looks more related to a Lictor than
>to the stealer broods. Oh well, the more I see of that mini, the more
>happy I am I've got a pair of the old Patriarchs.

The bare metal is easier to see than the seminar shot. Those seminars
are pain to take pics in.

I keep thinking the Brood Lord looks like an undersized Lictor. But
maybe that's just me.
-Erik

Erik Setzer wrote:
<snip>

> We'll see. I hope they don't screw them up. Still, I'm wondering if
> we'll be seeing the release followed up by Johnny Depp and Orlando
> Bloom figures.
> -Erik

So. I'm getting close to thinking about going to GDLA again... (due to
this thread) but I don't want to pre-buy my tickets. Can you pay at the
door? If you could in atlanta then I'm willing to gamble that you can in LA.

-JOE

Yes, but you can, but I think you pay way more.

--Chris

Chris Valera wrote:
> Yes, but you can, but I think you pay way more.
>
> --Chris

just found it: Tickets: $40.00 US in advance, $45.00 US day of the show.
hmmmm...... Oh 9 April. Can't make it that day. Problem solved....

-Joe

> Skaven Battalion: 40 Clanrats, 20 Plague Monks, 3 Packmasters, 6
Giant
> Rats, 2 Rat Ogres. Bit of a cheat, not throwing in the full contents
> of the Rat Ogre set (which has 3 Rat Ogres), but giving players 40
> Clanrats is better in terms of army construction than the 20
> Clanrats/20 Night Runners I'd expected.

Nope, only 2 Rat Ogres per box. The Sneak Peeks picture is misleading.
Here's a picture of the Clan Moulder sprue.

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/DSCN0383.JPG

So what's actually a 'bit of a cheat' is either:

1). The Moulder box only contains 1 sprue.
or
2). The Batallion box only contains half the Moulder box (Which is, I
think, less likely).

Jonathan Smith

On 28 Mar 2005 16:27:14 -0800, pbowles@aol.com (Philip Bowles) wrote:

>> > "The Brood Lord is a nasty HQ choice to help you create an
>> > all-Genestealer army."
>> >
>> > He's fugly too, buy the old Patriach, before his mold accidentally
>> > "breaks."
>> >
>> Agreed, utterly unimpressed and glad I have the old version.
>
>Can't access that picture for some reason, so I still haven't seen
>this one.

Ach, damn it. Try again. I moved the images into a new folder to
clean up the site files and keep them organized (going to be doing a
lot more updates soon), and I managed to change the tags' source
but not the [a href] tags.
-Erik

On 28 Mar 2005 16:31:43 -0800, pbowles@aol.com (Philip Bowles) wrote:

>> > I hear this is going to be somewhere in the size range of a Rhino
>> >or there abouts. I do hope it *ISN'T* modeled along the same lines as
>> >the new Tyrant Gaurd, but I'm not feeling lucky on this one.
>>
>> I was really hoping for a mini-Heirodule, that would have been a model
>> to fear!
>
>Looking at the Carnie silhouette, that's what we're likely to get.

Quite possibly. With stats to match, I fear.
-Erik

Erik Setzer <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ch8l41dnsfbjqc824rht1r61qchagk4f2f@4ax.com>...

> >> Agreed, utterly unimpressed and glad I have the old version.
> >
> >Can't access that picture for some reason, so I still haven't seen
> >this one.
>
> Ach, damn it. Try again. I moved the images into a new folder to
> clean up the site files and keep them organized (going to be doing a
> lot more updates soon), and I managed to change the tags' source
> but not the [a href] tags.
> -Erik

The Brood Lord's the thing that looks like a zombie with arms
stretched in supplication and a couple of pitiful scything talons?
It's appalling - I can't even tell what look they were trying to go
for here, but whatever it was they failed. It looks nothing like a
Genestealer past or present, the pose is appalling and it's pretty
feeble for a supposed Patriarch-type unit.

Philip Bowles

It was a cold day in September when Erik Setzer entered the world pub known
as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> >> Agreed, utterly unimpressed and glad I have the old version.
> >
> >Can't access that picture for some reason, so I still haven't seen
> >this one.
>
> Ach, damn it. Try again. I moved the images into a new folder to
> clean up the site files and keep them organized (going to be doing a
> lot more updates soon), and I managed to change the tags' source
> but not the [a href] tags.
> -Erik

Get yourself a copy of thumbs+, it makes working with images a whole lot
easier.
--
Jim M

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"The only game I like to play is Old Maid - provided she's not too old." --
Groucho Marx

[url=http://jimac.tripod.com]http://jimac.tripod.com[/url]

"Plessiez" <jonathan_808@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Philip Bowles wrote:
>> pbowles@aol.com (Philip Bowles) wrote in message
>
>> Skaven Battalion: 40 Clanrats, 20 Plague Monks, 3 Packmasters, 6
> Giant
>> Rats, 2 Rat Ogres. Bit of a cheat, not throwing in the full contents
>> of the Rat Ogre set (which has 3 Rat Ogres), but giving players 40
>> Clanrats is better in terms of army construction than the 20
>> Clanrats/20 Night Runners I'd expected.
>>

> Nope, only 2 Rat Ogres per box. The Sneak Peeks picture is misleading.
> Here's a picture of the Clan Moulder sprue.
>
> http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/DSCN0383.JPG

actually, those rat ogres are pretty sweet. makes me wish yet again that I
hadn't sold off my 35,000-point skaven army all those years ago :_(

On 30 Mar 2005 14:16:41 -0800, pbowles@aol.com (Philip Bowles) wrote:

>The Brood Lord's the thing that looks like a zombie with arms
>stretched in supplication and a couple of pitiful scything talons?
>It's appalling - I can't even tell what look they were trying to go
>for here, but whatever it was they failed. It looks nothing like a
>Genestealer past or present, the pose is appalling and it's pretty
>feeble for a supposed Patriarch-type unit.

It looks like a baby Lictor to me.
-Erik

"Philip Bowles" <pbowles@aol.com> wrote in message
> Erik Setzer <erks@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> >Can't access that picture for some reason, so I still haven't seen
>> >this one.
>>
>> Ach, damn it. Try again. I moved the images into a new folder to
>> clean up the site files and keep them organized (going to be doing a
>> lot more updates soon), and I managed to change the tags' source
>> but not the [a href] tags.
>> -Erik
>
> The Brood Lord's the thing that looks like a zombie with arms
> stretched in supplication and a couple of pitiful scything talons?
> It's appalling - I can't even tell what look they were trying to go
> for here, but whatever it was they failed. It looks nothing like a
> Genestealer past or present, the pose is appalling and it's pretty
> feeble for a supposed Patriarch-type unit.

I think it's supposed to be a zombie werewolf genestealer howling at the
moon.

--

-smithdoerr

TRENDING THREADS