For some reason in my color settings menu I have no option for True Color. Is
there a way to get True Color(32bit) for Windows XP Professional?

In news:27C1EC60-E7D2-4ACC-ADBE-EF115F31149B@microsoft.com,
Purplereign <Purplereign@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> For some reason in my color settings menu I have no option for
> True
> Color. Is there a way to get True Color(32bit) for Windows XP
> Professional?

This has nothing to do with what Windows XP can do. If that
choice isn't presented to you, either you don't have enough video
memory to run true color at the resolution you want to run at, or
you don't have the proper video driver installed.

Please reply to the newsgroup

If you don't see this option, you probably don't have the proper (or newest)
video drivers installed. Please tell us the model of video card or whether
you have "integrated graphics".

"Purplereign" <Purplereign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason in my color settings menu I have no option for True Color.
> Is
> there a way to get True Color(32bit) for Windows XP Professional?

My Display Adapter is a:
Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller
How do I find its MB amount?

Hi,

Reinstall or update your display drivers.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Purplereign" <Purplereign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason in my color settings menu I have no option for True Color.
> Is
> there a way to get True Color(32bit) for Windows XP Professional?

map

Purplereign wrote:
> For some reason in my color settings menu I have no option for True
> Color. Is there a way to get True Color(32bit) for Windows XP
> Professional?

This is no longer being supported,have you considered buying an AGP vid card
yours seems to be incorparated in the MB? You don't need to buy the latest
and greatest to have a great picture.
(gamers exculded of course).
Have you ever had 32 bit with this?

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/

Cannot change depth.
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/cs-009130.htm
--
Mike Pawlak

Winkey+R, DxDiag, Display

Purplereign wrote:

> My Display Adapter is a:
> Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller
> How do I find its MB amount?

When you boot up your computer they would usually show your Display Adapter
type and Memory on it.

> My Display Adapter is a:
> Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller
> How do I find its MB amount?

"Purplereign" <Purplereign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Display Adapter is a:
>Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller
>How do I find its MB amount?

What is your display resolution set at?

How much RAM do you have allocated for the integrated video?
Hint: If you look at Control Panel - System - General it will show you
how much RAM is available to Windows, after the video has been
deducted.

You can get the latest updated video drivers from the motherboard
manufacturer's (= computer manufacturer in some instances) web site or
you can try the generic 82810 drivers from the Intel web site
(www.intel.com)

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--