[WFB] Rule question about stunties and ornithopters

Ewok

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2005

By ornithopter, I mean gyrocopter.
The question is about the steam gun. The rule says:

The Gyrocopter is armed with a steam-powered gun that unleashes a hail
of lead bullets similar to a cannon's grapeshot.

After that the rules explains how the steam cannon works.
Now the question: Since the rules for a grapeshot has changed. Does
this mean that the rules for the steam cannon change aswell?

The options are as follows:
1 Steam cannon works with flame template as it used, no misfire
possible.
2 Steam cannon works as grapeshot, with the same misfire chart as
cannon.
3 Steam cannon works as grapeshot, with zero hits if a misfire is
rolled. (Since there is no misfire chart for gyrocopters)
4 Steam cannon works as grapeshot, some other effect of misfire.

Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok
--
" Oktober. Detta är en av de särskilt farliga månaderna för fondbörs-
spekulation. De andra äro juli, januari, september, april, november, maj,

Ewok wrote on 29 Mar 2005 09:42:17 GMT:

> By ornithopter, I mean gyrocopter.
> The question is about the steam gun. The rule says:
>
> The Gyrocopter is armed with a steam-powered gun that unleashes a hail
> of lead bullets similar to a cannon's grapeshot.
>
> After that the rules explains how the steam cannon works.
> Now the question: Since the rules for a grapeshot has changed. Does
> this mean that the rules for the steam cannon change aswell?

Not being a WFB player my answer is not based on the army books, FAQs, or
anything else from GW. It's purely based on what you've written and my
interpretation of it.

Right, now the disclaimer is out of the way ...

If the text you wrote above is the same wording as GW, then I'd class
"similar" as saying that the Gyrocopter does not use the grapeshot rules. As
it has it's own rules in the entry then those are the rules that I'd use.

Dan

"Ewok" <ewok@dd.chalmers.se> wrote in message
> By ornithopter, I mean gyrocopter.
> The question is about the steam gun. The rule says:
>
> The Gyrocopter is armed with a steam-powered gun that unleashes a hail
> of lead bullets similar to a cannon's grapeshot.
>
> After that the rules explains how the steam cannon works.
> Now the question: Since the rules for a grapeshot has changed. Does
> this mean that the rules for the steam cannon change aswell?

no, not unless it specifically says so in a FAQ. the steam gun never used
the same rules as cannon grapeshot anyway.