drive formatted by windows 98 accessible in XP PRO?

July 27, 2005 11:17:57 PM

I have a hard disk (non-booting) that was formatted by windows 98. I
put a new drive in the system and put xp pro on it. The drives show up
in device manager, and on my computer, but when I attempt to access the
drive, it says "unformatted drive, do you want to format". I hit no,
because I don't want to lose the info on it.

How do I solve this?

Thanks,
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 4:15:44 AM

Do you have the drives jumpered correctly as master (the drive you boot from
with Windows XP) and slave (the old drive with Win98 on it)?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User