Joy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Reading a reminder about Windows update made me realize that the automatic
reminder hadn't reminded for a while. I went to Start - Windows Update and
got this error message #0x80072F76. That number wasn't on the list there.
Any suggestions? How can I update?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Joy wrote:

> Reading a reminder about Windows update made me realize that the
> automatic reminder hadn't reminded for a while. I went to Start -
> Windows Update and got this error message #0x80072F76. That number
> wasn't on the list there. Any suggestions? How can I update?

In addition to Will's post note there is a newsgroup for windows update
issues: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=0x80072F76

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> Reading a reminder about Windows update made me realize that the automatic
> reminder hadn't reminded for a while. I went to Start - Windows Update
> and got this error message #0x80072F76. That number wasn't on the list
> there. Any suggestions? How can I update?

Joy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Thanks Will and Rock. I eventually found out it was due to my dial up
accelerator, which I disabled, and was able to then do Windows Update.

Joy wrote:

> Thanks Will and Rock. I eventually found out it was due to my dial up
> accelerator, which I disabled, and was able to then do Windows Update.
>
> "Joy" <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>
>> Reading a reminder about Windows update made me realize that the
>> automatic reminder hadn't reminded for a while. I went to Start -
>> Windows Update and got this error message #0x80072F76. That number
>> wasn't on the list there. Any suggestions? How can I update?

Glad it's fixed Joy and thanks for posting back the resolution.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User