How to disable automatic disk defragment

I found many times that My PC (XP)'s hard disk lights are on all the time.
From task manager I found sth like "dfrgntfs.exe"(My spell may not be
accurate) is running. It sounds like disk defragment. But no where can I
find the it's been scheduled. Could you tell me how to disable it? I only
want to run it when I want to. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about disable automatic disk defragment

    Hi

    Please see if the following helps:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=dfrgntfs.exe

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "JL" <jlmagzine@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I found many times that My PC (XP)'s hard disk lights are on all the time.
    >From task manager I found sth like "dfrgntfs.exe"(My spell may not be
    >accurate) is running. It sounds like disk defragment. But no where can I
    >find the it's been scheduled. Could you tell me how to disable it? I only
    >want to run it when I want to. Thanks.

Defragment Windows XP