Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard, mouse and wireless internet.

Last response: in Windows 7
October 3, 2012 2:44:29 PM

Hi,
Every now and then, my keyboard and mouse will freeze after using the PC for a while or ity sits idle, and I must restart my PC to get it back. Upon restart, the wireless internet connection will not connect and I have to unplug the adaptor and replug for it to connect. I just changed the keyboard and mouse to wireless, to rule that out. Now I'm baffled. Any ideas?
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 5:35:20 PM

Hi :) 

Virus ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 5:49:01 PM

if the mb a newer one check to see that you have all the bios updates.there been a few for usb devise for the z77 chipset.
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 6:29:38 PM

what does it mean when your mouse or key board doent work
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:30:33 PM

what can i do to fix the problem
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:32:40 PM

Hi

I've tried 2 different anti virus scans, nothing found, no malware, no spyware. I've flash the bios with the most recent version from Dell and updated the chipsets. Still the same problem.
m
l
October 3, 2012 10:46:18 PM

nsophia said:
what does it mean when your mouse or key board doent work

It means the cursor, does not respond to anything. I can't Ctrl+Alt+Del and get to the task manager, the cursor does nothing when I move the mouse around, all is dead.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 11:22:45 PM

Hi :) 

Hard drive test in DOS...Hirens cd etc....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 13, 2012 11:04:36 AM

So, an update, did hard drie test - all is good, various malware/spyware and virus scans - all is good. eberted back to an older version of chipset, as I updated it a couple of months ago and did a combofix. Thought I had it as the PC performed well until the other night when I was converting a movie from .avi to .mpeg and in the middle of it everything froze up. I had to hard boot the PC and start everything over again.
m
l
!