Although I am running Windows ME I could not find a group listed for that OS
so I assumed that for this problem XP is comparable(?). The problem is that
for some reason on startup my computer wants the run scandisk. There seems
to be a problem with scandisk because about three-quarters of the way
throught the sacn it locks up. If I cancel the scandisk my computer seems to
be acting OK but if I don't hover over the computer on startup I have to do a
hard reboot.

Any suggestions on how to stop the scandisk from running on startup?

Thank you in advance for comments or suggestions.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Weekend user wrote:

> Although I am running Windows ME I could not find a group listed for that OS
> so I assumed that for this problem XP is comparable(?). The problem is that
> for some reason on startup my computer wants the run scandisk. There seems
> to be a problem with scandisk because about three-quarters of the way
> throught the sacn it locks up. If I cancel the scandisk my computer seems to
> be acting OK but if I don't hover over the computer on startup I have to do a
> hard reboot.
>
> Any suggestions on how to stop the scandisk from running on startup?
>
> Thank you in advance for comments or suggestions.

There is an ME newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS newsgroups. Scroll
down to to windowsme: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Weekend user wrote:
> Although I am running Windows ME I could not find a group listed for that OS
> so I assumed that for this problem XP is comparable(?).

Not really. No more than a Yugo is comparable to a Lexus, anyway.

> The problem is that
> for some reason on startup my computer wants the run scandisk. There seems
> to be a problem with scandisk because about three-quarters of the way
> throught the sacn it locks up. If I cancel the scandisk my computer seems to
> be acting OK but if I don't hover over the computer on startup I have to do a
> hard reboot.
>
> Any suggestions on how to stop the scandisk from running on startup?

You may be able to correct this by backing up your data, formatting the
hard drive, and reinstalling everything. If the problem persists,
replace the defective hard drive.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

microsoft.public.windowsme.general is the newsgroup you need.