Sign in with
Your question

New laptop internet connection

Last response: in Windows 7
October 3, 2012 4:11:25 PM

hi, i got a new ACER Aspire 5733 and when i connected to my router, i couldn't connect to the internet, but my parents laptop has internet connection.

the question is. is the problem on the laptop or router?? and what's the problem then??
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 4:41:03 PM

jonatanDh said:
hi, i got a new ACER Aspire 5733 and when i connected to my router, i couldn't connect to the internet, but my parents laptop has internet connection.

the question is. is the problem on the laptop or router?? and what's the problem then??

most people lock there router down with a password. if you dont know it the laptop will connect just not get onto the internet.
ask you dad and mom what the password is for there wifi.
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:01:23 PM

that's not the problem, i'm the one who has the code, ussually my parents ask it to me.
but thanks for the answer. :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 245 $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 5:14:56 PM

Verify that your system has picked up an IP address from the router. You may also have a DNS issue. You can manually set your DNS servers to use Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4

Also, verify that your router isn't allowing access to certain MAC addresses only.

Good luck!
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:00:58 PM

but isn't it weird that i had no problems with my other laptop??
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:10:07 PM

Can you check that you have correctly installed your network cards and they are enabled?
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:10:44 PM

yes they are
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:23:09 PM

Sounds like the old comcast-mac cloning issue.

If you're using comcast, firstly, my sincere condolences, and secondly, you'll need to buy another router.

If not. Then it could be many things. So goodluck with that.

M.
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:26:07 PM

Had you ever connected to another network with that laptop?.

m
l
!