Solved

Multiple click problem w/Win7 start button to open menu

I'm having to click win7's starter edition start button (orb) multiple times before the start menu will open.

What's the fix?

Thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about multiple click problem win7 start button open menu
  1. either you left mouse key has a problem or something is running in background and your machine is simple to slow to recognize the click.
  2. Thank you for your reply. The "...something is running in background and your machine is simple to slow to recognize the click..." sounds worth checking out.
  3. Hi,

Since it's win7's starter edition it probably runs on a netbook or something with probably has a slow cpu (atom).
    You could slash in the start up programs but I don't think it will do much difference.

Can you detail us you gear ?
  4. Best answer
    Does it only happen to the start button?
  5. dextermat said:
    Hi,

Since it's win7's starter edition it probably runs on a netbook or something with probably has a slow cpu (atom).
    You could slash in the start up programs but I don't think it will do much difference.

Can you detail us you gear ?

It's an Aspire One Netbook.

I've slashed the number of programs starting at startup to a point less than it had been before the problem arose. It's made no difference.

I've checked Process Explorer which is telling that Micorosoft's Security Essentials is using alot of resources. I had Clam Win prior but downloading definitions (from Australia?) was always problematic.

I do not recall if the problem started after replacing Clam Win with MSE.

I've disengaged Windows Defender hoping to regain resources but the removal has made no difference.
  6. Best answer selected by jfmpastore.
  7. "Does it only happen to the start button?"

Yes. Only the start button.

Since you mentioned it, I recall trying a program that changes the orb that is the start button and even though I have since removed that program and restored explorer.exe, I'm beginning to think the cosmetic attempt fouled something. Like a size parameter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Start Menu Windows 7