Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Multiple click problem w/Win7 start button to open menu

Last response: in Windows 7
October 3, 2012 5:00:18 PM

I'm having to click win7's starter edition start button (orb) multiple times before the start menu will open.

What's the fix?

Thanks
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 6:02:12 PM

either you left mouse key has a problem or something is running in background and your machine is simple to slow to recognize the click.
m
l
October 3, 2012 8:01:41 PM

Thank you for your reply. The "...something is running in background and your machine is simple to slow to recognize the click..." sounds worth checking out.

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 8:13:25 PM

Hi,

Since it's win7's starter edition it probably runs on a netbook or something with probably has a slow cpu (atom).
You could slash in the start up programs but I don't think it will do much difference.

Can you detail us you gear ?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 3, 2012 8:14:07 PM

Does it only happen to the start button?
October 7, 2012 12:38:44 AM

dextermat said:
Hi,

Since it's win7's starter edition it probably runs on a netbook or something with probably has a slow cpu (atom).
You could slash in the start up programs but I don't think it will do much difference.

Can you detail us you gear ?

It's an Aspire One Netbook.

I've slashed the number of programs starting at startup to a point less than it had been before the problem arose. It's made no difference.

I've checked Process Explorer which is telling that Micorosoft's Security Essentials is using alot of resources. I had Clam Win prior but downloading definitions (from Australia?) was always problematic.

I do not recall if the problem started after replacing Clam Win with MSE.

I've disengaged Windows Defender hoping to regain resources but the removal has made no difference.
m
l
October 7, 2012 12:39:44 AM

Best answer selected by jfmpastore.
m
l
October 7, 2012 12:43:42 AM

"Does it only happen to the start button?"

Yes. Only the start button.

Since you mentioned it, I recall trying a program that changes the orb that is the start button and even though I have since removed that program and restored explorer.exe, I'm beginning to think the cosmetic attempt fouled something. Like a size parameter.
m
l
!