New vs. old shining gold colour

Hi all
I have one of the old citadel colours "shining gold" in the hexagonal
flip-lid bottles, i recently bought one of the new flip-lid bottles of the
same colour just to be sure not to run out of colour in the midst of
something.

Today i compared the colour in the two bottles, and to my surprise they were
quite different. The old one is silverish almost silver with gold tint
whereas the new one is C3PO gold like.

The old one covers quite good, the new one does not cover very well.

Does anyone know if the "old" shining gold exists and under which name
(GW/Citadel) ??

Another brand is OK too if you know of one

yours

Peter

Peter M Andersen wrote:
> Hi all
> I have one of the old citadel colours "shining gold" in the hexagonal

> flip-lid bottles, i recently bought one of the new flip-lid bottles
of the
> same colour just to be sure not to run out of colour in the midst of
> something.
>
> Today i compared the colour in the two bottles, and to my surprise
they were
> quite different. The old one is silverish almost silver with gold
tint
> whereas the new one is C3PO gold like.
>
> The old one covers quite good, the new one does not cover very well.
>
> Does anyone know if the "old" shining gold exists and under which
name
> (GW/Citadel) ??
>
> Another brand is OK too if you know of one

The old paints have been repackaged under Cote d'Arms, check
Renaissance Ink or Brookhurst Hobbies for details.

--Chris

Peter M Andersen wrote:
> Hi all
> I have one of the old citadel colours "shining gold" in the hexagonal
> flip-lid bottles, i recently bought one of the new flip-lid bottles of the
> same colour just to be sure not to run out of colour in the midst of
> something.
>
> Today i compared the colour in the two bottles, and to my surprise they were
> quite different. The old one is silverish almost silver with gold tint
> whereas the new one is C3PO gold like.
>
> The old one covers quite good, the new one does not cover very well.
>
> Does anyone know if the "old" shining gold exists and under which name
> (GW/Citadel) ??

IIRC, there is a Burnished Gold, which might be the one you want.

--
=/\= Lt. Cmdr. Jim =/\=
By our chocolate, shall they know us.

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002

Lt. Cmdr. Jim wrote:
> Peter M Andersen wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I have one of the old citadel colours "shining gold" in the
hexagonal
> > flip-lid bottles, i recently bought one of the new flip-lid bottles
of the
> > same colour just to be sure not to run out of colour in the midst
of
> > something.
> >
> > Today i compared the colour in the two bottles, and to my surprise
they were
> > quite different. The old one is silverish almost silver with gold
tint
> > whereas the new one is C3PO gold like.
> >
> > The old one covers quite good, the new one does not cover very
well.

> > Does anyone know if the "old" shining gold exists and under which
name
> > (GW/Citadel) ??
>
> IIRC, there is a Burnished Gold, which might be the one you want.

It prolly is Burnished Gold, but Burnished Gold does not have good
coverage--it's rather thin and transparent (or at least what I have
is). It's not useless as a paint but is better for highlights than on
its own.

If you try Burnished and don't like it, I know a lot of people like
Reaper's metallics and there are similar colors in both their paint
lines.

Another option is to just mix some gold or yellow paint with mithril
silver till you get the color you want.

Death Quaker

<spam@deathquaker.org> wrote in message

> Lt. Cmdr. Jim wrote:
> > Peter M Andersen wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > > I have one of the old citadel colours "shining gold" in the
> hexagonal
> > > flip-lid bottles, i recently bought one of the new flip-lid bottles
> of the
> > > same colour just to be sure not to run out of colour in the midst
> of
> > > something.
> > >
> > > Today i compared the colour in the two bottles, and to my surprise
> they were
> > > quite different. The old one is silverish almost silver with gold
> tint
> > > whereas the new one is C3PO gold like.
> > >
> > > The old one covers quite good, the new one does not cover very
> well.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if the "old" shining gold exists and under which
> name
> > > (GW/Citadel) ??
> >
> > IIRC, there is a Burnished Gold, which might be the one you want.
>
> It prolly is Burnished Gold, but Burnished Gold does not have good
> coverage--it's rather thin and transparent (or at least what I have
> is). It's not useless as a paint but is better for highlights than on
> its own.
>
> If you try Burnished and don't like it, I know a lot of people like
> Reaper's metallics and there are similar colors in both their paint
> lines.
>
> Another option is to just mix some gold or yellow paint with mithril
> silver till you get the color you want.
>
> Death Quaker

Or check out Vallejos two gold colors. NICE coverage!