Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba 1415-s173 recovery disk

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 30, 2009 4:03:24 PM

Are there any kind souls out there with a copy of the Toshiba 1415-s173 recovery disk? Replaced my hard drive and I'm all ready for setting it up but my disk is damaged. Any help is appreciated.
a b D Laptop
October 30, 2009 6:31:55 PM

You don't need one.

Torrent an OEM version of whatever windows version you have, apply the key at the bottom of your notebook, and install drivers from toshiba's site. Done.
October 30, 2009 7:38:56 PM

I have never used any type of torrent and I'm quite uneducated about them. I guess I just get a torrent client then search for a torrent file then create the torrent in the client. then download to a disk and use my key?
Related resources
October 30, 2009 9:48:07 PM

frozenlead said:
You don't need one.

Torrent an OEM version of whatever windows version you have, apply the key at the bottom of your notebook, and install drivers from toshiba's site. Done.

I thought I could figure out how to use a torrent but apparently not. I am trying to create a disk for my laptop using my desktop. I guess I need detailed help.
Any help is appreciated.
a b D Laptop
October 30, 2009 10:16:39 PM

Yeah. You'll need a torrent client (just get the bitorrent one if you're unsure). Then simply google "windows _____ OEM torrent", and just enter in whatever windows version you own (NOT one you want - you aren't pirating software). Take a look at the comments on the torrent and make sure it's clean - usually people are pretty honest. Here, "clean" means it doesn't contain a virus and also doesn't contain any cracks or modifications.

Then just download it. It will probably be an ISO file, which you can burn to a CD or DVD using a media burning program. Then just use your key on the bottom of your notebook to install the software.
!