[40k] A Tale of RGMW Gamers Month 4 Summary

And again for 40k. Missing in action this month were:

smithdoerr (Tyranids - missing months 3 & 4)
GLSwanson (Tau - appears to have fallen off the face of the Earth)
Helicon One (Daemonhunters)

Joakim/jockelinde: Chaos Space Marines – Death Guard

Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant: Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Mutation.
Great weapon, Terminator armour.

7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 plasma guns. Aspiring
Champion with power fist. Veteran skill: Infiltrate
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 plasma guns. Aspiring
Champion. Veteran skill: Infiltrate
7 Plague Marines: Bolter, plague knife. 2 melta guns. Aspiring
Champion with power fist
Chaos Rhino: Extra armour, smoke launchers.
7 Plaguebearers
Chaos Predator: Twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, Daemonic
Possession.

Total: 996pts
Saved: £3

smithdoerr: Tyranids

Month 1

Hive Tyrant: Adrenal glands (I, WS), extended carapace, toxin sacs,
wings, 2 x scything talons, flesh hooks. The Horror.
3 Tyrant Guard: Laswhip, spneshield, rending claws, flesh hooks.

3 Ripper Swarms
3 Ripper Swarms

Ravener: Rending claws, scything talons

Carnifex: 2 x scything talons, extended carapace.

Total: 522pts
Saved: £0

Kenneth Coble: Lost and the Damned

Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot. Bolter, plague sword.

8 Big Mutants: 1 Heavy stubber. Big Boss Mutant with heavy stubber.
6 Plague Marines: Bolters, plague knives. Plasma gun.

15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, missile launcher. Agitator
with laspistol
and power fist.
15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, autocannon. Agitator with
laspistol
and power fist.
15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, mortar. Agitator with
laspistol
and power weapon
20 Plague Zombies
25 Mutants: Brawny. Two heavy stubbers. Mutant Boss with close combat
weapon and power weapon.

8 Traitor Rough Riders: Hunting lances. Veteran Sergeant with
laspistol and close combat weapons. 2 grenade launchers.

Total: 1,493pts
Saved:$0.50

GLSwanson: Tau

Shas'el: Plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker, drone controller
with 2 shield
drones.
2 Shas'vre: Plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker.

12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui.
12 Kroot

8 Gun Drones

Total: 577pts
Saved: US$10

Tim/Helicon One: Daemonhunters

Inquisitor Lord: Plasma pistol.
Retinue - 3 Warrior Henchmen: Hellguns, targeters, frag & krak
grenades.

3 Death-Cult Assassins: Power weapon, close combat weapon.

10 Storm Troopers: Flamer.
Rhino: Hunter-killer missile
5 Storm Troopers: 2 meltaguns
7 Grey Knights: Incinerator. Justicar.

Total: 640pts
Saved: £7

Xis: Necrons
Army to date

Necron Lord

8 Necron Immortals

10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors
12 Necron Warriors

3 Necron Destroyers
5 Scarab Swarms

2 Necron Heavy Destroyers

Total: 1,276pts
Saved: US$0

John Hwang: Tau

Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller with
shield drone.

12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
Devilfish
12 Kroot

5 Gun Drones

Broadside Battlesuit Shas'vre: Hard-wired drone controller with two
shield drones.
Broadside Battlesuit: Hard-wired drone controller with two shield
drones.
Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.

Total: 1,077pts (?)
Saved: US$0

Joe Boster/Desert Lurker: Tau

3 Crisis Battlesuits

8 Fire Warriors.
Devilfish
12 Fire Warriors
12 Fire Warriors
20 Gue'vesa Auxiliaries
12 Kroot

8 Gun Drones
4 Gun Drones

Hammerhead Gunship

Saved: US$10

Philip Bowles

In article <587631d1.0504050155.5bb09745@posting.google.com>, Philip Bowles wrote:

<snip>

> Joakim/jockelinde: Chaos Space Marines – Death Guard
>
> Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant: Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Mutation.
> Great weapon, Terminator armour.

Two minor corrections - The Great weapon was upgraded to a Manreaper
and Strength replaced Mutation in the 1000 point list, i.e.:

Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant: Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Strength.
Manreaper, Terminator armour.

--
Joakim

> Kenneth Coble: Lost and the Damned
>
> Arch Heretic: Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot. Bolter, plague sword.
>
> 8 Big Mutants: 1 Heavy stubber. Big Boss Mutant with heavy stubber.
> 6 Plague Marines: Bolters, plague knives. Plasma gun.
>
> 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, missile launcher. Agitator
> with laspistol and power fist.
> 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, autocannon. Agitator with
> laspistol and power fist.
> 15 Traitors: Lasguns. Grenade launcher, mortar. Agitator with
> laspistol and power weapon
> 20 Plague Zombies
> 25 Mutants: Brawny. Two heavy stubbers. Mutant Boss with close combat
> weapon and power weapon.
>
> 8 Traitor Rough Riders: Hunting lances. Veteran Sergeant with
> laspistol and close combat weapons. 2 grenade launchers.
>
> Total: 1,493pts
> Saved:$0.50

Well, month 5 is pretty simple. As the Grand Army of the Plague spreads
further, more of the Death Guard come to the aid of their former colleague
turned Arch-Heretic. As this happens, Grandfather Nurgle blesses him with
more of his nauseous power, and even grants him one of the legendary and
deadly Manreapers. Vodalus makes a gift of his old Plague Sword and bolter
to his new lieutenant who has arrived from within the Eye - in modeling
terms, this means I'm building a new Arch-Heretic figure from the new DG box
I'm buying this month, and 'demoting' the old figure to the Aspiring
Champion role in the DG Elite unit. Having been on Saltus for this length
of time, the Plague Marines have grown intimately familiar with the rotting
landscape (represented by purchasing Infiltrate for them as a Veteran
skill). And Nurgle's growing influence here means that his mortal
followers are now able to summon Plaguebearers as well.

I've also made a few changes in the Mutant hordes: I've added the "spare"
models I held out last month to stay under my self-appointed 1500 point cap
and split them into two units. In addition, I had previously equipped them
with Heavy Stubbers and given the Bosses power weapons. After thinking more
about their intended role, I'm changing the weapons to Flamer equivalents
(for flavor purposes, they're modified agricultural chemical sprayers,
refilled with the poisons and acidic biles one comes to expect from Nurgle
worshippers) and the Mutant bosses now sport Power Fists modeled as if they
were powerful mutations by attaching some of the leftover Ork hands to a
thin arm and painting them as if surrounded in psychic energy.

The Plaguebearers are being represented by WFB ghouls for two reasons: one,
they cost a bit less than Plaguebearers; and two, the actual Plaguebearer
models are pure ass. And the Nurgling Infestation on the new Aspiring
Champion will be modeled with one Nurgling bit, some green stuff and maybe a
few spare Ork heads.

Purchases:
$50+$0.50 from last month
-$35 Death Guard box
-$24 2xblisters WFB Ghouls
-$1.25
Over by $9.25 for this month

And here's the new army summary:

Ken Coble, Lost and the Damned: Month 5

Arch Heretic: Mark/Nurgle, Manreaper, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic Essence,
Nurgle's Rot, Infiltrate - 120pts

Allied Plague Marines (elite) x12: Bolters, 2x PGs, Icon, Infiltrate -
359pts
-Aspiring Champion: Bolter, Plague Sword, Nurgle's Rot, Nurgling Infestation
Big Mutants x7: 1 Hvy Stubber - 240pts
-- Big Boss Mutant: Hvy Stubber
Plaguebearers x6 - 96pts

Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 ML team, Infiltrators - 170pts
-Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol
Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 AC team, Infiltrators - 170pts
-Agitator: Power Fist, laspistol
Traitor Troops x14: Lasguns, 1 GL, 1 Mortar team, Infiltrators - 165pts
-Agitator: Power Weapon, laspistol
Plague Zombies x20 - 180pts
Mutants x17: Brawny, 2x flamers, 2xSummoning Icons - 199pts
-Mutant Boss: CCW+Power Fist
Mutants x17: Brawny, 2x flamers, 2xSummoning Icons - 199pts
-Mutant Boss: CCW+Power Fist

Rough Riders x7: 5x H. Lances, 2x GLs - 101pts
-Vetsarge: CCW+LP
1999 pts, 137 models

That's that. Next month, the Traitor Colonel Barnoch of the Recusant 113th
breaks into the Eastern Territory's motor pool to liberate some big guns...

--
Ken Coble

I am just an aging drummer boy
And in the wars I used to play
And I've called the tune to many a torture session
Now they say I am a war criminal
And I'm fading away
Father, please hear my confession
-Dire Straits, "The Man's Too Strong"

In article <587631d1.0504050155.5bb09745@posting.google.com>, Philip Bowles wrote:
> And again for 40k.

Month 5:
Purchases:
Defiler 30 pounds
2 pounds over budget.

1200 point list:

HQ - lord 60
MoN, termi armour, manreaper, strength, spiky bits 80

T - 6 plague marines, 2x plasma 134
AC, p fist 34
7x infiltration 21

T - 6 plague marines, 2x plasma 134
AC, p weapon, strength 34
7x infiltration 21

T - 6 plague marines, 2x melta 134
AC, p fist 34
rhino, armour, smoke 58

T - 7 plague bearers 112

HS - Predator annihilator, las sponsons 145
daemonic possession 20

HS - Defiler, indirect fire 175

Sum 1196

This month the lieutenant has been given a promotion and more long
range support in the form of a defiler. Although I do not dislike the
defiler model quite as much as most here seem to do it needs
converting. Access to an infinite supply of green stuff was assumed
in this experiment, right?

--
Joakim

Philip Bowles wrote:
> John Hwang: Tau
>
> Shas'el: Twin-linked plasma rifles, hard-wired drone controller with
> shield drone.
>
> 12 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
> 8 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock.
> Devilfish
> 12 Kroot
>
> 5 Gun Drones
>
> Broadside Battlesuit Shas'vre: Hard-wired drone controller with two
> shield drones.
> Broadside Battlesuit: Hard-wired drone controller with two shield
> drones.
> Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
> Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun, two burst cannon.
>
> Total: 1,077pts (?)
> Saved: US$0

Add 1 Devilfish squad.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

On the 13 Apr 2005, John Hwang <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Add 1 Devilfish squad.

Is that the box with the 'Fish and 8 Fire Warriors in it? I thought
about buying it, but I prefer to field full squads of 12, and I'm not
sure that the box set would actually present any saving over buying
the bits separately once I ordered a Fire Warrior sprue to make up the
numbers (IIRC there are four Tau to a sprue).

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Graham Thurlwell wrote:
> John Hwang <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Add 1 Devilfish squad.
>
> Is that the box with the 'Fish and 8 Fire Warriors in it?

Yup.

> I thought about buying it, but I prefer to field full squads of 12,
> and I'm not sure that the box set would actually present any saving
> over buying the bits separately once I ordered a Fire Warrior sprue
> to make up the numbers (IIRC there are four Tau to a sprue).

Keep in mind that this is a virtual exercise. The vast majority of the
participants aren't doing squat besides typing a bit each month.

In my case, I'm working on the structure of an army within the Gamers
construct. 2 mech squads and 2 foot squads is a decent Troops core. It
has 28 Tau grunts that can be apportioned as I desire, so I'll reshuffle
the grunts as follows:

2x 10 Fire Warriors: Shas'ui with markerlight and hard-wired target lock
in Devilfish w/ upgrades.