Slow start

Dear All,
I just bought a new pc 3 weeks ago, connected via a router to my wife's pc
and my son's laptop; both of them have Windows XP Pro SP2 and I have Home
SP2, all of the computers running with NAV2005 and MSAS beta.
Last week, I increased my RAM from 512MB to 1024MB; cheched the system prop.
and all indicated fine, but when I started the pc again, it went into the
Windows Logo part and stuck there for about 3 minutes. I cleaned every
thing, temp folder etc and defragmented the hard drive and restarted with
the same Windows Logo hanging for about 3 minutes.
An advice will be most appreciated.
Napoleon
1 answer Last reply
More about slow start

    "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    > I just bought a new pc 3 weeks ago, connected via a router to my wife's pc
    > and my son's laptop; both of them have Windows XP Pro SP2 and I have Home
    > SP2, all of the computers running with NAV2005 and MSAS beta.
    > Last week, I increased my RAM from 512MB to 1024MB; cheched the system
    > prop. and all indicated fine, but when I started the pc again, it went
    > into the Windows Logo part and stuck there for about 3 minutes. I cleaned
    > every thing, temp folder etc and defragmented the hard drive and restarted
    > with the same Windows Logo hanging for about 3 minutes.
    > An advice will be most appreciated.
    > Napoleon

    Since the only thing changed is RAM I would suspect an incompatible module.
    Remove all the modules except one and then test each individually to see if
    one is faulty. Also try swapping them around. Larger modules should be
    placed in the lowermost numbered slots, but it's better when all the modules
    match in both type and speed.

Windows XP