Solved

Windows 7 upgrade 64bit ???

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Product
Last response: in Windows 7
July 9, 2009 10:57:13 PM

i am about to buy this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

but i will it be 64bit..
in the features it says
"Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory. "

does this meen it will use all 5GB of RAM i have.. it does not specify if it is only 32 or 64bit.. and it says i can have a 32bit capable cpu.. so im at a loss..

will this version of win 7 be 64bit?

More about : windows upgrade 64bit

Best solution

July 9, 2009 11:14:07 PM

The Windows 7 Upgrades (and Retail packages when they are released) will have both 32-bit and 64-bit disks, with the choice of which to use left up to you. I would suggest, especially having more than 4 GB of RAM, to definitely install the 64-bit version. I'm assuming because you have 5 GB of RAM you also have a processor from the last couple years so 32-bit vs 64-bit shouldn't be an issue.

So, to sum up, yes, it will contain a 64-bit install disk.
July 9, 2009 11:23:34 PM

okay.. i have xp installed. 32bit.. so im not getting all my RAM as we all know.. i have heard u cant do an upgrade from 32bit to 64bit.. but last time i used an upgrade install disk i didn't have a windows install on my computer.. the installer asked me to insert a windows cd to verify i own one.. i did. and it proceed with a clean install.. so can i do the same.. or do i have to have a actual install on the drive to use the windows 7 upgrade?
m
l
July 10, 2009 11:24:39 AM

Windows 7's upgrade will be on a clean hard drive, the reason it's an upgrade is because you have to enter your legitimate XP or Vista license key, along with your 7 key for it to work.
m
l
!