encarta reference library on xp home pc

i had successfully installed microsoft encarta reference library 2005 on my
pc with
XP Home Sp2.
but when i click the encarta program, nothing comes out, the program just
won't start.

pls help. thks.
3 answers Last reply
More about encarta reference library home

    milo wrote:
    > i had successfully installed microsoft encarta reference library 2005 on my
    > pc with
    > XP Home Sp2.
    > but when i click the encarta program, nothing comes out, the program just
    > won't start.
    >
    > pls help. thks.

    You did leave the disk in the drive, right?

    --
    MCR
    MAME(tm) - History In The Making

    no.
    i do not need the cd anymore as i installed to my hard disk.

    it only happened to the pc with xp home.
    there is no such problem if installed on a pc with xp pro.

    thks.

    "MCR" wrote:

    > milo wrote:
    > > i had successfully installed microsoft encarta reference library 2005 on my
    > > pc with
    > > XP Home Sp2.
    > > but when i click the encarta program, nothing comes out, the program just
    > > won't start.
    > >
    > > pls help. thks.
    >
    > You did leave the disk in the drive, right?
    >
    > --
    > MCR
    > MAME(tm) - History In The Making
    > Live! Gamertag MCROnline

    Hello, Can't help on your problem. Checked the Encarta help file, no help.
    http://support.microsoft.com/ph/715 " this is the Encarta help site".
    I have Encarta installed on a WindowsXP Home SP2 unit, works including the
    update function.
    Listed in add/remove as Microsoft Encarta Reference Library 2005, file size
    3,201mb.
    Perhaps a removal and reinstall.
    Take Care.
    beamish.

    "milo" wrote:

    > no.
    > i do not need the cd anymore as i installed to my hard disk.
    >
    > it only happened to the pc with xp home.
    > there is no such problem if installed on a pc with xp pro.
    >
    > thks.
    >
    > "MCR" wrote:
    >
    > > milo wrote:
    > > > i had successfully installed microsoft encarta reference library 2005 on my
    > > > pc with
    > > > XP Home Sp2.
    > > > but when i click the encarta program, nothing comes out, the program just
    > > > won't start.
    > > >
    > > > pls help. thks.
    > >
    > > You did leave the disk in the drive, right?
    > >
    > > --
    > > MCR
    > > MAME(tm) - History In The Making
    > > Live! Gamertag MCROnline