[FS] Ratspike and Fantasy Miniatures Books

I have one copy of each of the following:

Ratspike
Fantasy Miniatures 1990
Fantasy Miniatures 1988

All are in good condition. I would like $10 for each, but I'll listen to
offers. Shipping will be by USPS Priority in the US and we'll discuss
shipping anywhere else.

Any takers?

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jim Williams said

> I have one copy of each of the following:
>
> Ratspike
> Fantasy Miniatures 1990
> Fantasy Miniatures 1988
>
> All are in good condition. I would like $10 for each, but I'll listen to
> offers. Shipping will be by USPS Priority in the US and we'll discuss
> shipping anywhere else.
>
> Any takers?

Forgive my ignorance but what are they?

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

"Robert Singers" <rsingers@finger.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jim Williams said
>
>> Ratspike
>> Fantasy Miniatures 1990
>> Fantasy Miniatures 1988
>>
>> Any takers?
>
> Forgive my ignorance but what are they?

old GW/ Flame publications. Ratspike is a delightful artwork compilation
feature john blanche and ian miller, which I would definitely recommend for
anyone interested in fantasy art. I don't own either of the others but IIRC
they were miniature showcases.

Exactly as Doctor Rock stated. Ratspike has found another home. The other
two are mostly pictures of Golden Demon type miniatures. Very nice pictures
though!

Jim

Ratspike is a quite rare fantasy artbook oft soought by collectors. It has a
sister tome called Blood and Iron

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:CIr6e.20036$mV1.9076@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Ratspike is a quite rare fantasy artbook oft soought by collectors. It has
> a sister tome called Blood and Iron

I dunno about "sister tome"; Blood & Iron is a compilation of Les Edwards'
artwork (mostly non-GW related) which they published around the same time.
I think it was intended as a stand-alone publication rather than a companion
volume. both are well worth having though.

It was a companion volume and was to be part of a larger 'library' of
fantasy art books showcasing the best of the bunch

Hope this helps......

message news:0cJ6e.30921$mV1.712@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> It was a companion volume and was to be part of a larger 'library' of
> fantasy art books showcasing the best of the bunch
>

> Hope this helps......
> "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote
>> in message news:CIr6e.20036$mV1.9076@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>> Ratspike is a quite rare fantasy artbook oft soought by collectors. It
>>> has a sister tome called Blood and Iron
>>
>> I dunno about "sister tome"; Blood & Iron is a compilation of Les
>> Edwards' artwork (mostly non-GW related) which they published around the
>> same time. I think it was intended as a stand-alone publication rather
>> than a companion volume. both are well worth having though.

as far as I recall each book was supposed to be about the artist(s)' work in
general rather than just their work for GW, without any particular pretense
to continuity (given that I bought both books back in like 1990 I think I'll
go with experience on this one) - at least one other book (I think will
rees?) was planned but predictably fell victim to the early 90's business
restructuring.

It was a series of books featuring FANTASY (note i don't say GW) artists and
WOULD have had the works of Achilleos, Burns et al included. Ratspike
featured Blanche and Miller and Blood and Iron only Les Edwards.

The series was a purely artistic venture and tied itself in with the demise
of Paper Tiger/Dragon's Dream.