windows xp sp2 problem

In the company i work for we have an application made using MFC. I had no
problems testing the application on my own computer and no bug occurs but in
the testing department on 4 out of the 5 computers on which XP SP2 was
installed a bug occured when a file was being selected from the desktop. If
it does not occur on one computer in the testing department and does not
occur on mine then this is not a problem with XP is it......what else could
it be?.

If it works on 1 computer with SP2 and not on another then the issue
would not be SP2 directly but perhaps something that is affected by SP2
on the PC that is different from one PC to the other. Start comparing
what is installed on one PC against the other. Perhaps the one it works
one has recent updates to drivers and another does not. But you will
need to compare.

James_dean wrote:

> In the company i work for we have an application made using MFC. I had no
> problems testing the application on my own computer and no bug occurs but in
> the testing department on 4 out of the 5 computers on which XP SP2 was
> installed a bug occured when a file was being selected from the desktop. If
> it does not occur on one computer in the testing department and does not
> occur on mine then this is not a problem with XP is it......what else could
> it be?.

TRENDING THREADS