Sign in with
Your question

Branded Desktop or Customized?

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 15, 2010 6:47:25 PM

A BIG HELLO to everyone...!!!

Recently, I found this model of HP Desktop on their website...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF06b/12454-124...

The features and specs seem to be pretty good for this model. Besides, it looks so beautiful...!!! It costs Rs. 48,000 (Indian Currency) without display and around Rs. 65,000 including a 23 inch Full HD HP display...

Now my question is whether to go for this very model or would it be better to build my own customized machine within this price range? I doubt a customized machine will hardly look as good as a branded one...

And if I go for a customized machine within this price range [Rs. 65,000 (Indian Currency) or USD 1,350], what should be the optimum configuration (I mean what kinda CPU, GPU, RAM etc should I put together)?

I would be using the machine for my exhaustive research works (heavy typing in MS Word, Excel etc), Watching a LOT (I mean it!) of movies, playing some games like IGI-2, NFS, FEAR, FEAR-2, FIFA etc and finally using my guitar and distortion gears etc with the machine...

Besides, should I go for a 32 bit or 64 bit OS (Windows 7)? I heard that 64 bit OS is more powerful but doesn't run most of the useful software like VLC player and all...

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance...
August 16, 2010 4:31:27 PM

Strange...!!! No one to help me out on this one?
August 23, 2010 7:20:55 PM

can you list the specs of the computer?
October 9, 2010 12:14:55 PM

christiangordon said:
can you list the specs of the computer?

I have already added the link in the original post...
!