isaidno

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Hello there,
I happen to have found a bar-code scanner around the house. It was used in a drugstore my father used to work in and I want to know how to make it work.

According to him, it's not broken so as for now I will believe that part.
The information I can provide is the following:

-It's a hand held scanner.
-Its from UBI ScanPlus SP [United Barcode Industries]
-It has no apparent buttons at all.
-The cable ends up in a rj45 connector [orange,blue,red,green,purple,white,yellow,grey].
-It's model#: 0-320317-00-19 from 1995

I guess that's pretty much all the information I've got from my research. I found some old user manual on-line that doesn't seem to include this model. I tried connecting it to the Ethernet input of my laptop with no response from either side. I was expecting at least something telling me that it was receiving power.

Then I realized it might need and external power supply and used MGE ups systems thing that has two rj45 connectors labeled 'in' and 'out' so I connected the reader on one side and a spare Ethernet cable from the 'out' to my laptop with still no response.

Any help?

David_JA_Clarke

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Its NOT and ethernet connector.

I have a ScanPlus CL scanner, with what looks like the same proprietary interface.

In my case, there is a Keyboard 'wedge' adaptor which the scanner plugs in to anc can be connected between a PS/2 keyboard and a PC kayboard port. This device is UBI model 0-325001-00-02 and you will need it, or a similar device to allow your scanner to be used.

I belive that UBI were long ago taken over by Intermec - one of the leading companies in the barcode scanning and printing field, and there is a manual for this: http://epsfiles.intermec.com/eps_files/eps_man/scanner/SPXXRM10.PDF

Doesn't help me - the CL looks like an older model, and is specifically NOT covered in this manual.

millerabc

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
Barcode Scanner
Hello there,
I happen to have found a bar-code scanner around the house. It was used in a drugstore my father used to work in and I want to know how to make it work.

According to him, it's not broken so as for now I will believe that part.
The information I can provide is the following:

-It's a hand held scanner.
-Its from UBI ScanPlus SP [United Barcode Industries]
-It has no apparent buttons at all.
-The cable ends up in a rj45 connector [orange,blue,red,green,purple,white,yellow,grey].
-It's model#: 0-320317-00-19 from 1995

I guess that's pretty much all the information I've got from my research. I found some old user manual on-line that doesn't seem to include this model. I tried connecting it to the Ethernet input of my laptop with no response from either side. I was expecting at least something telling me that it was receiving power.

Then I realized it might need and external power supply and used MGE ups systems thing that has two rj45 connectors labeled 'in' and 'out' so I connected the reader on one side and a spare Ethernet cable from the 'out' to my laptop with still no response.

Any help?
you can try this barcode scanner,hope it's helpful to you.