Install Windows XP service pack 2 in different computer.

My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does not have
internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows XP service pack 2
setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does anyone know how to download
Windows XP service pack 2 setup files? And Windows XP update needed before
installing service pack 2?
14 answers Last reply
More about install windows service pack computer

    If your friend doesn't have Internet, then I don't see the need for SP2.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
    You can order the CD.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
    --
    Ron Sommer

    "Jason Chin" <JasonChin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    > installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does not
    > have
    > internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows XP service
    > pack 2
    > setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does anyone know how to
    > download
    > Windows XP service pack 2 setup files? And Windows XP update needed before
    > installing service pack 2?

    Just now somebody tell me the website to download. Anyway, thanks for your
    reply.

    Jason Chin wrote:
    > My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    > installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does
    > not have internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows
    > XP service pack 2 setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does
    > anyone know how to download Windows XP service pack 2 setup files?
    > And Windows XP update needed before installing service pack 2?

    No updates need to installed prior to updating to SP2. SP2 contains all
    updates to Windows XP.

    Direct Download of SP2:

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

    List and Direct Download Links to POST-SP2 updates:

    http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/

    Some Common Sense advice on how to go about updating to SP2:

    http://microscum.com/comsense/

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Thanks a lot for telling me.

    "kurttrail" wrote:

    > Jason Chin wrote:
    > > My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    > > installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does
    > > not have internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows
    > > XP service pack 2 setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does
    > > anyone know how to download Windows XP service pack 2 setup files?
    > > And Windows XP update needed before installing service pack 2?
    >
    > No updates need to installed prior to updating to SP2. SP2 contains all
    > updates to Windows XP.
    >
    > Direct Download of SP2:
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
    >
    > List and Direct Download Links to POST-SP2 updates:
    >
    > http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/
    >
    > Some Common Sense advice on how to go about updating to SP2:
    >
    > http://microscum.com/comsense/
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Hi Jason,

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    This is a approx 260 MB download.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jason Chin" <JasonChin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    > installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does not have
    > internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows XP service pack 2
    > setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does anyone know how to download
    > Windows XP service pack 2 setup files? And Windows XP update needed before
    > installing service pack 2?

    Thanks a lot.

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    >
    > This is a approx 260 MB download.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Jason Chin" <JasonChin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    > > installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does not have
    > > internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows XP service pack 2
    > > setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does anyone know how to download
    > > Windows XP service pack 2 setup files? And Windows XP update needed before
    > > installing service pack 2?

    You are welcome !

    --

    kurttrail wrote:

    > Jason Chin wrote:
    >
    >>My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack 1
    >>installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he does
    >>not have internet services in his home. I wanted to download Windows
    >>XP service pack 2 setup files ind intall it on his computer. Does
    >>anyone know how to download Windows XP service pack 2 setup files?
    >>And Windows XP update needed before installing service pack 2?
    >

    > No updates need to installed prior to updating to SP2. SP2 contains all
    > updates to Windows XP.
    >
    > Direct Download of SP2:
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

    Just in case the OP's friend doesn't have an English OS version:

    Note that the exe file in the link above will only install on the
    English version of WinXP. If the OS is in another language, use
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    and select the correct language in the "Change Language" menu.

    The same goes for the direct download links at the POST-SP2
    updates at http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/

    > List and Direct Download Links to POST-SP2 updates:
    >
    > http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/
    >
    > Some Common Sense advice on how to go about updating to SP2:
    >
    > http://microscum.com/comsense/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Chin wrote:
    >>
    >>> My friend's home computer have windows XP professional service pack
    >>> 1 installed. He want to install Windows XP service pack 2 but he
    >>> does not have internet services in his home. I wanted to download
    >>> Windows XP service pack 2 setup files ind intall it on his
    >>> computer. Does anyone know how to download Windows XP service pack
    >>> 2 setup files? And Windows XP update needed before installing
    >>> service pack 2?
    >>

    >> No updates need to installed prior to updating to SP2. SP2 contains
    >> all updates to Windows XP.
    >>
    >> Direct Download of SP2:
    >>
    >> http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
    >
    > Just in case the OP's friend doesn't have an English OS version:
    >
    > Note that the exe file in the link above will only install on the
    > English version of WinXP. If the OS is in another language, use
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    > and select the correct language in the "Change Language" menu.
    >
    > The same goes for the direct download links at the POST-SP2
    > updates at http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/

    LOL! I just always figure that people posting to a english language
    newsgroup use a english version of Windows.

    I will have to remember to put a warning about this on my pages.
    Thanks for correcting me, Torgeir!

    --

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
    and Developers

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    > This is a approx 260 MB download.

    Another option is to request a CD with SP2 from Microsoft, at
    www.microsoft.com

    Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:

    > Just in case the OP's friend doesn't have an English OS version:
    >
    > Note that the exe file in the link above will only install on the
    > English version of WinXP. If the OS is in another language, use
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    > and select the correct language in the "Change Language" menu.
    >
    > The same goes for the direct download links at the POST-SP2
    > updates at http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/

    Just to let you know, I fixed my pages to warn that the links are only
    good for the English Version of Windows XP. Thanks again, Torgeir!

    --

    kurttrail wrote:

    > Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
    >

    >>Just in case the OP's friend doesn't have an English OS version:
    >>
    >>Note that the exe file in the link above will only install on the
    >>English version of WinXP. If the OS is in another language, use
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    >>and select the correct language in the "Change Language" menu.
    >>
    >>The same goes for the direct download links at the POST-SP2
    >>updates at http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/
    >

    > Just to let you know, I fixed my pages to warn that the links are only
    > good for the English Version of Windows XP. Thanks again, Torgeir!

    Hi,

    Great :-)

    One small change request though:

    As the list of updates on your page and their respective KB and
    Security Bulletin URL links is relevant for all Windows XP OS language
    versions, I would suggest to change the text to something like this:

    Also note that the files available in the "Download Now" links on this
    page is for the ENGLISH VERSION OF WINDOWS XP ONLY!

    Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >
    >> Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
    >>

    >>> Just in case the OP's friend doesn't have an English OS version:
    >>>
    >>> Note that the exe file in the link above will only install on the
    >>> English version of WinXP. If the OS is in another language, use
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    >>> and select the correct language in the "Change Language" menu.
    >>>
    >>> The same goes for the direct download links at the POST-SP2
    >>> updates at http://kurttrail.com/microscum/postsp2/
    >>

    >> Just to let you know, I fixed my pages to warn that the links are
    >> only good for the English Version of Windows XP. Thanks again,
    >> Torgeir!
    > Hi,
    >
    > Great :-)
    >
    > One small change request though:
    >
    > As the list of updates on your page and their respective KB and
    > Security Bulletin URL links is relevant for all Windows XP OS language
    > versions, I would suggest to change the text to something like this:
    >
    > Also note that the files available in the "Download Now" links on this
    > page is for the ENGLISH VERSION OF WINDOWS XP ONLY!

    Done. And I changed the whole sentence to hot pink, so it will be the
    thing most people will see at first glance. Thanks!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator